How do you use your St. Patrick and Irish Italian throws? (1 Viewer)

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I decided to make stuffed cabbage rolls with a lemon-caper beurre blanc.

It was so good and relatively light I decided to share my recipe.

First I made the stuffing

2 lbs ground turkey
Half a bunch of celery
1 large onion
1 bell pepper
1 large carrot
1 bunch parsley
1 bunch green onions
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp seasoning blend
1 cup of cooked rice

Prep: mince onion, garlic, bell pepper, parsley, celery, green onions and sautée until onions are translucent with olive oil and seasoning blend, Cajun chef seasoning is pretty good actually. After veggies are properly cooked down shred the large carrot and add the 2 lbs of ground turkey. Cook the mixture until the turkey is thoroughly done on a low temperature. Once meat is finished fold in the cooked rice and reduce heat to lowest possible temp.

Other prepped item includes the large, tender leaves of 2 large cabbages.... Be selective and avoid the more "crisp" leaves. Wash each chosen leaf and set aside.

Beurre blanc ingredients...

1 stick salted butter
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup white wine
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
2 tbsp capers
1 tbsp corn starch with 1/4 cup of water

Combine butter, cream, wine, parsley, and capers on 1/4 heat until butter melts. Add seasoning and lemon juice and bring back temp to just below simmer. This is where I add about 3 tbsp of corn starch mix to thicken the glaze but more or less can be added as ensured.

Preheat oven to 325. Use about 2 tbsp of filling per leaf and gently wrap each and line a glass baking dish until full. I make about 16 per tray.

After filling tray pour beurre blanc over over the cabbage rolls and bake in the oven for 30 min on 325.

2 is a pretty good serving... Enjoy.

Now.... I caught the onion, the carrot, the cabbage, the garlic, the bell pepper and some of the lemons.

Erin go bragh!!!

I have no clue, but I have a fridge full of cabbage that needs to be cooked soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom