N/S How Does A Losing Tenure In Denver Affect Payton’s Legacy? (1 Viewer)

He has to win a 2nd SB to get into the HoF. No NFL HC has won SBs as the HC for two different teams. He has too many peers (Carroll, Tomlin, Harbaugh, McCarthy, Arians) with similar records and no scandals to get in.
Arians should not even be in that group. He doesn’t even have 100 wins.

There were a few seasons he should have been voted to Pro Bowl but didnt because other WR's got selected ahead of him. Look at his overall, career statistics and longevity, they don't lie and if that's the case, then how is Monk any different from Marcus Allen other then Allen played for a vindictative, vengeful owner who mysteriously began hating him and wouldn't play him because he didnt like him for some reason and if Al Davis didn't like Allen all those years, why not just trade him in the late 80's and try to ruin his career?

I've never understood that misplaced, distorted lack of logic from Al Davis.

Monk is an easy one to understand, he wasn't a spectacular, flashy player. He was incredibly steady, consistent and productive.....or to many....boring.....which is why I believe to this day that the NFL HOF is pretty much and absolute joke/a popularity contest.....

Arians should not even be in that group. He doesn’t even have 100 wins.

Remember, Peter King is on the selection committee, he thinks Arians is a HOF coach for sure.....I mean weren't the Cardinals supposed to win multiple SB's? Oh, wait......

To me it does affect him. It will look like his offensive success was more because of Drew than his ability as a coach.

Monk is an easy one to understand, he wasn't a spectacular, flashy player. He was incredibly steady, consistent and productive.....or to many....boring.....which is why I believe to this day that the NFL HOF is pretty much and absolute joke/a popularity contest.....

Remember, Peter King is on the selection committee, he thinks Arians is a HOF coach for sure.....I mean weren't the Cardinals supposed to win multiple SB's? Oh, wait......
I just have a hard time swallowing the bullshirt line that Monk’s career stats were considered “borderline HOF” when he finished with 12,271 career receiving yards. Tell me, how in the hell that could be articulated as “borderline” in the context of when he retired in 1998. Even now, his career receiving yardage marks would be considered “HOF worthy” if applied to a similar great WR’s career. I don’t give two sheets if some analysts and pundits thought Monk was boring, the real crux of the matter should be: was he a highly productive, consistent, productive WR for a very long time?

I just have a hard time swallowing the bullshirt line that Monk’s career stats were considered “borderline HOF” when he finished with 12,271 career receiving yards. Tell me, how in the hell that could be articulated as “borderline” in the context of when he retired in 1998. Even now, his career receiving yardage marks would be considered “HOF worthy” if applied to a similar great WR’s career. I don’t give two sheets if some analysts and pundits thought Monk was boring, the real crux of the matter should be: was he a highly productive, consistent, productive WR for a very long time?

I don't disagree here.....

Not applicable to above but the folks that vote for HOF induction are highly biased towards teams that have won SB's, there are a ton of players that played on lesser teams that deserve to get in that never will.....

Ricky Jackson (though he did win a SB late in his career with SF) is a prime example. Had he played his whole career with the Giants or Cowboys or 9ers....etc, he would have been a first ballot HOFer.....his career stats are comparable to LT's (who many, including myself, consider the best defensive player of all time)......it took him 10+ years to get in.....and the only reason he did was because Peter King asked Steve Young who was the best defender he ever played against.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom