How does Heath Evans do it? (1 Viewer)

brickfish

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Block for RBs with such different running styles?

From Bell/Hamilton to Reggie to PT? It must be tough to adjust to the different runners. I know plays are drawn up and you run them a certain way, but surely different RBs have different tendencies, even on the same plays. I bet there is some chemistry that develops between the FB & RB. Evans and Bell had a good thing going. Now it's PT time.

I believe he's given an assignment with each play, that corresponds to hole "X" or "Y" or wherever, and then whoever's in that hole he crushes. I wouldn't think it would take a whole lot of changeup between different runners. Just my opinion.

He's a beast. That's what beast's do.

:9:

The man can block, and unlike big Mike, has the speed to get to the second level to make blocks. After that, all it takes is good RBs who can read, react, and run off the blocks he makes.

And we got em!

I believe he's given an assignment with each play, that corresponds to hole "X" or "Y" or wherever, and then whoever's in that hole he crushes. I wouldn't think it would take a whole lot of changeup between different runners. Just my opinion.

I would say the same. I've also damn near forgotten about Karney. Evans has enhanced this offense to new levels it's never seen before. :9:

I would say the same. I've also damn near forgotten about Karney. Evans has enhanced this offense to new levels it's never seen before. :9:

I almost have too. "Almost". I just haven't seen enough of Evans to allow the complete erasure of Mike the Pachyderm cracking pads with a big ole linebacker at full speed and planting him on his rear end.

Give it time.... :)

I almost have too. "Almost". I just haven't seen enough of Evans to allow the complete erasure of Mike the Pachyderm cracking pads with a big ole linebacker at full speed and planting him on his rear end.

Give it time.... :)

I have ADD when it comes to fullbacks

And it gives me an even bigger smile to know that he's a former Auburn star, who went on to the next level and still dominated at doing what he does best. If some of you on here are coming around to how much of a hoss he is, I've always known it to begin with. I saw Heath run over many defenses when he was here as an Auburn Tiger. And ironically enough, He was not the only star of that backfield, he blocked for Rudi Johnson when he played his only season at Auburn in 2000. Rudi and Heath IMO helped us win the SEC West in 2000, which many weren't expecting in Tuberville's second season at Auburn. We surprised a lot of experts that year, as I hope we do again this year and even more so with this Saints team.

Trust me, we got a substantial upgrade with Evans. IMO, he's one of the FB's in the NFL, and arguably the Saints best FB since Lorenzo Neal back in the mid 90's.

And it gives me an even bigger smile to know that he's a former Auburn star, who went on to the next level and still dominated at doing what he does best. If some of you on here are coming around to how much of a hoss he is, I've always known it to begin with. I saw Heath run over many defenses when he was here as an Auburn Tiger. And ironically enough, He was not the only star of that backfield, he blocked for Rudi Johnson when he played his only season at Auburn in 2000. Rudi and Heath IMO helped us win the SEC West in 2000, which many weren't expecting in Tuberville's second season at Auburn. We surprised a lot of experts that year, as I hope we do again this year and even more so with this Saints team.

Trust me, we got a substantial upgrade with Evans. IMO, he's one of the FB's in the NFL, and arguably the Saints best FB since Lorenzo Neal back in the mid 90's.
r

I agree! WDE :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom