How Does The Chargers Win Rank All Time? (2 Viewers)

It ranks as a gift. The Chargers blew it more than the Saints won it. It got us to 1-3 with a brutal upcoming schedule with the 31st ranked defense. I don't rank this win in any list whatsoever.

Thanks for the sour persimmons!

It wasn't a win.

It'll go down that way in the books, but San Diego lost that game, we didn't win it.

I think it depends on how the season finishes out. If the Saints go 10-6 and make the playoffs then you can say it was a catalyst for the seasons turnaround. However, If they go 3-13 then the win would be irrelevant.

I have to keep reminding myself that we won the game. It didn't feel like it.

It wasn't a win.

It'll go down that way in the books, but San Diego lost that game, we didn't win it.
LOL... YES IT WAS. Trying to making it hollow victory doesn't make it any less factual that we won that game.

The team has to take advantage of turnovers. Bottom line, this week they did. Giants basically handed us the game and we didnt take it.

As much as I say this was a gift from San Diego, your point is well taken

So...the Chargers just let us waltz into the endzone like it was nothing? The first TD in the 2 fumbles sequence was a 4th down where Thomas made a really difficult catch. The play was actually pretty well defended. I just don't understand people not feeling like this was a win. It's just weird thinking to me. I love an ugly win a lot more than a pretty loss. I enjoyed it.

Also, the first fumble was clearly forced by the big hit by Bell and Vacarro. That was no gift. We took it from them. The premise that the Saints didn't earn the win is silly.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see this ranked in even the top 20 Saints games of all time. It was a great comeback win, but to say it is top 5 or even top 10 is extremely short sighted. Every playoff game from '09 including the Super Bowl rank ahead of this, and there are plenty more wins over the years that were greater and meant more. The '09 & '06 seasons had plenty of hard fought wins. The Philly game from '11 playoffs was an outstanding game that ranks ahead of this one. I mean no offense to anyone, I'm just keeping it real.

When I look in the WIN /LOSS column, I don't see any GIFTS. All I see is Win/Loss. This was a Win.

Miami 2009 was an insane comeback. Cannot be topped in my mind.

It was incredible.

That Redskins game was just crazier to me because we played like crud essentially the whole game and the Skins had the ball with under two minutes, up 7 inside the 10 yd line. Suisham pushed the chipshot and Brees just steps onto the field like a cyborg and hits Meachem on the deeps pass with the double move.

Just nuts.

Another improbable win, I forgot was the 2010 Thanksgiving game against Dallas. We blew a 17 point lead and went down by 4 -- Dallas converts the huge 3rd down to Williams and he's off to the races, until Jenkins comes in and does the ol' tackle and swipe inside the 10 and again Brees comes out like a cyborg and just marches us right down for the win.

all wins are valued, but if your rank it, its totally meaningless. The Saints were being completely dominated until San Diego decided to fumble the game away.

I'd have to expand the concept to a top 20 lister, maybe. I'll say this, it was the most dramatic comeback in a compressed amount of time in team history. I still haven't seen it, because I like many fans chose to busy myself with other things last Sunday. But the narrative I've read sounds like our '92 road loss to the Niners, except on a higher scale of overall scoring and on the winning side of the score.

The problem here is that the OP is 25. What about Dempsey's kick? Manning's first game? Kilmer's 6 TD passes beating Cardinals 51-42? Holding OJ to less than 100 yards in his magical season? etc..
All sorts of games from the Mora years. Not to mention the last 10 years (and Hakim dropped the ball) Historically, this game won't be in the top 25

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom