How Does The Chargers Win Rank All Time? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For me, top 5 for the improbability of it happening. Probably the best regular season comeback from the Saints I've seen in my lifetime.

It ranks as a gift. The Chargers blew it more than the Saints won it. It got us to 1-3 with a brutal upcoming schedule with the 31st ranked defense. I don't rank this win in any list whatsoever.

For me, top 5 for the improbability of it happening. Probably the best regular season comeback from the Saints I've seen in my lifetime.

It's in the Top 10 for me simply because of the emotions I felt at the end. It's called relief and utter happiness. I know there were some players crying when that game was over with.

It ranks as a gift. The Chargers blew it more than the Saints won it. It got us to 1-3 with a brutal upcoming schedule with the 31st ranked defense. I don't rank this win in any list whatsoever.

We capitalized on their mistakes, period. If they didn't then all you would say is "The Chargers gifted us 2 turnovers and we still couldn't put the game away. This team is 0-16 bad, Brees stinks trade him, the line sucks, defense is awful yada yada yada." Just be happy we won.

It was a great comeback and it probably ranks somewhere in the top 10 for the Saints and maybe in the NFL. Great effort by the team.

Better than vs Miami in 2009? I'd disagree.

The main thing this week's game had going for it was the improbability, but the Chargers gifted us 2 golden opportunities which we needed to win so while I'm very pleased we won, it didn't have the feel of the Miami game for me - in that game we had to fight back and win ourselves, rather than Miami handing it to us like San Diego did.

You'll need to ask me this question at the end of the season.

If it somehow ends up being the catalyst that spurred along a string of Saints wins that led them to the playoffs, then I may hold it in higher regard.

If it turns out to be another 7-9 type of season........then I don't even know that I'd put it ahead of that comeback that Aaron Brooks pulled off in 2001 against the Rams in STL.

I'm definitely happy for Drew though.....it sounded like playing in this stadium, probably for the last time, meant everything to him.

Rank top 5 in the most luckiest win ever. This game is trash, no need to be remembered.

it's good because we needed the win and the way it unfolded at the end but I would no way say it's a top 5 or even top 10 franchise win

I'll place it right next to the Redskins win in 09

That ''s a pretty good comparison, but the '09 Redskins game is certainly above this Chargers win. We needed a missed chip shot FG by the Redskins to pull that one out and the win was extremely important in helping us get home field advantage in the NFC championship game.

Of course, the 2009 NFC championship game has to be the most significant game in which the Saints pulled victory from the jaws of defeat. We ended up with a 5-1 turnover advantage in that game, yet it still took a boneheaded 12-men-in-the-huddle penalty after a timeout to move the Vikings out of FG range, followed by Favre's careless pass to Tracy Porter to save our Super Bowl season. I'm not sure any game will ever top that one as far as most significant win that seemed improbable at the end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom