How dumb are Texans Fans (1 Viewer)

Fact: Mario has outproduced Bush to date.

No, that would pretty clearly be an opinion, not a fact.

Williams averages a shade over two tackles a game and about half a sack a game. Bush is on target to possibly break rookie record for receptions. Bush won a game with a punt return. Bush has also improved his team by attracting attention as a decoy.

Neither Williams or Bush has played up to the level of a number one overall pick. Colston has. If you had picked Colston with the overall number one pick he looks to have been well worth it.

The jury is out on Williams and Bush. Comparing a running back to a defensive end is hard to do, apples and oranges as they say. Right now I give the slight edge to Bush based on who has had the most positive impact on their team between Bush and Williams.

"Fact" would imply to me that reasonable minds could not differ on the issue, which isnt the case here.

Then again, LC might not be dealing with a "reasonable mind deck" :D, and might not be the most unbiased guy to rate a USC player:D.

Reggie Bush > Vince Young? Now thats a fact, jack.:nenner:

You know, it can be entirely possible that both teams picked the right guy for their team. I do think Reggie would have been wrong for them and i think that Mario would have been wrong for us. Reggie saved us before he even stepped onto the field. The Texans didn't need to be saved. They needed a good DE. Just a different perspective.

Also to comment people need to realize kubiak came from the broncos system where they get any running back 1000 yards every season and they never draft RBs in the 1st, so to them mario seemed like the smarter choice which may not be the smarter choice for everyone else. Remember too, that a lot of Texans fans are happy about him because as far as production gained from this draft I think it is a tie between us and them since 6 of their 7 draft are now big contributaors to their team So it gives a sense of many pieces falling in together creating an overall good feeling about not 1 but all of their picks this year.

If the teams and their draft decisions were reversed, the thoughts of the fans would be likewise perfectly flipped.

Fact: Mario has outproduced Bush to date.

No, that is actually "Subjective Opinion:"

That "Facts" are-

Mario Williams (projected) - 36 solo tackles / 8 sacks

Reggie Bush (projected) - 455 yards rushing / 628 yards recieving (1,083 total yardage) / 4 total TDs

I'd say that's actually fairly even.

Williams averages a shade over two tackles a game and about half a sack a game. Bush is on target to possibly break rookie record for receptions. Bush won a game with a punt return. Bush has also improved his team by attracting attention as a decoy.

Neither Williams or Bush has played up to the level of a number one overall pick. Colston has. If you had picked Colston with the overall number one pick he looks to have been well worth it.

The jury is out on Williams and Bush. Comparing a running back to a defensive end is hard to do, apples and oranges as they say. Right now I give the slight edge to Bush based on who has had the most positive impact on their team between Bush and Williams.

Don't just look at Williams' negatives and highlight Bush's positives. That's not fair.

Yeah, Williams' sack numbers are low, but they're low along the defensive line. The other guys combined for 5 1/2 sacks. Williams alone has 4 1/2 sacks. The d-line has to work together has a whole, and they also need help from the linebackers and corners. If your corners are sorry, then the qb could easily get rid of the ball before the pass rush gets anywhere near him. The corners need to cover their guys long enough for the d-line and/or linebackers to put pressure on the qb. At the same time, the defensive front needs to disrupt the qb before the corners start to lose coverage. Cohesiveness, chemistry, and complementation are critical for good defenses. It's not a coicindence that the Texans' defense has been getting better as the season progresses. They're coming together, and learning about one another - one anothers abilities, tendencies, etc.

I do agree about the comparison part, though. Sacks are a terrible way to measure a DE's performance - you just have to watch them on the field. Do they get good QB pressures? Knock down passes at the line? Take up three blockers and allow a LB to make a tackle? Those types of things are more important for defensive players, not just the tackles and sacks that they make.

The light hasn't come on yet here in Houston.

New Orleans 6 3

Houston 3 6

Maybe when Reggie's playing in the playoffs and Mario's watching him on the TV at home then they'll get it, but I doubt it.

:dunno:

Because Reggie Bush is the sole reason the Saints are 6-3 and Mario Williams the sole reason why the Texans are 3-6.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom