How Ed Orgeron outsmarted college football (1 Viewer)

I don't see how that's "outsmarting" college football. What Orgeron is doing is very similar to what CSP did in '09 when he brought in Gregg Williams. He hired a good coach, gave him the keys, and the rest is history. I wouldn't say he outsmarted the NFL. Instead, the put his ego aside and accepted help on the defensive side of the ball. That sounds like what Orgeron did by hiring Joe Brady.

I don't see how that's "outsmarting" college football. What Orgeron is doing is very similar to what CSP did in '09 when he brought in Gregg Williams. He hired a good coach, gave him the keys, and the rest is history. I wouldn't say he outsmarted the NFL. Instead, the put his ego aside and accepted help on the defensive side of the ball. That sounds like what Orgeron did by hiring Joe Brady.

A majority of coaches can't do that and it gets them fired.

Yeah, he didnt outsmart anybody. He's realized his limitations (coaching, speaking in complete sentences) and hired people who can do those things while he plays the mascot. I give him credit for that, though, and knowing himself.

He’s “outsmarted” them by letting people believe he’s an idiot. But in reality, he was smart enough to identify his weakness, find the right person to fix it, them simply let them. Most coaches, especially those considered top-notch coaches, won’t do that.

He’s “outsmarted” them by letting people believe he’s an idiot. But in reality, he was smart enough to identify his weakness, find the right person to fix it, them simply let them. Most coaches, especially those considered top-notch coaches, won’t do that.

It's taken him 3 plus years to find someone to run the offense for him.

It's taken him 3 plus years to find someone to run the offense for him.
It’s take this long for the AD to allow him to go after his own guy. Canada was forced on him by Alleva. Ensminger was a better fit. But he didn’t bring the type of passing game O wanted. But, Ensminger is also a team player. He’s 100% LSU. He is totally fine with allowing Brady to be the passing game coordinator, while collaborating with him on play calling. Essentially, Brady is OC in waiting.

Joe Alleva is a piece of ****, and that title is offensive to **** all over the world. Why anyone would want to work with him as AD after what he did at Duke is beyond me. He didn't deserve on office with a view, he deserved an 8x8 room with bars on the windows.

I just don't consider that "outsmarting" someone. You outsmart someone by using intellect to get an advantage. What advantage did Orgeron get by getting other coaches to think he was an idiot? You think Saban eased up on his preparations because he thought Orgeron was stupid? The scores of the last 2 LSU-Bama games suggest otherwise.

Orgeron saw the issues with his offense and brought in Brady to fix it, and he sure as heck did that. Payton didn't "outsmart" the NFL when he hired 3G. He saw a problem and fixed it. Orgeron did the same thing, and good for him.

BTW, I'm the furthest thing from an LSU homer, but it sure is fun to watch them play this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom