How far is it to McDonalds? (1 Viewer)

They may not have a McDonald's but do they have a McDowell's? :shrug:

398734_f520.jpg

I live in the sticks. Within a 50 mile radius of me, there are only 3 McDonald's. Within 40 miles, only 2. And within 30 miles...only 1.

Nuggets and fries are the only thing I like there. Oh and them McRibs. I do like them McRibs. It is strange that BK seems to be turning to crap while MD is building new locations. In Lafayette on Kaliste, they just tore down an older McDonald's to build a new one. I did not think that the old one was really that old. But if you look at most of the BKs in Lafayette, the stores are old and falling apart. BK is much better than MD in my opinion. At least when you get that rare, fresh off the grill Whopper which sadly seems to be almost never lately. Maybe that explains their downfall? :idunno:

BK, get rid of those microwaves!!!

I live in the sticks. Within a 50 mile radius of me, there are only 3 McDonald's. Within 40 miles, only 2. And within 30 miles...only 1.

Yeah but you have two lake babes within touching distance! :mwink:

look at mcdonald's earnings this year. people statisically eat worse when the economy is in the tank. But then again whole foods out performed all other grocers this year. go figure...

i wonder if those consuming all the mcdonalds are the ones in line for free health care.

look at mcdonald's earnings this year. people statisically eat worse when the economy is in the tank. But then again whole foods out performed all other grocers this year. go figure...

this is b/c the American middle class is shrinking; the disparity between the 'haves' and 'have-nots' is becoming more distinct-- ad we have a bunch of people at the top end who can afford to eat at WF, and a bunch of people on the lower end who can afford McD;s... which is why both are peforming well.

i wonder if those consuming all the mcdonalds are the ones in line for free health care.

:17:

Your typical whole foods customer is not really that far above your typical Mc Donalds customer on the food chain.

carrots.jpg

Good catch - MAXIMUM.

It is a good catch. It's also 145 and not 147 miles, and "strip-malled" is not really a verb (or even a real word). I was rushing and felt enormous guilt for bumping my own thread with a clarification I should have made clear in the O.P. I really wasn't in my right state of mind, you see. Guilt can really cripple a person.

It is a good catch. It's also 145 and not 147 miles, and "strip-malled" is not really a verb (or even a real word). I was rushing and felt enormous guilt for bumping my own thread with a clarification I should have made clear in the O.P. I really wasn't in my right state of mind, you see. Guilt can really cripple a person.

I will defend to the death your right to use "strio-malled" as a verb. I like colorful language like that.

I will defend to the death your right to use "strio-malled" as a verb. I like colorful language like that.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your sig line. I hadn't thought about my favorite Indian place-name in ages.

I also think it's an excellent metaphore for America.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom