How fast is Lance Moore??? (1 Viewer)

Cjjr72984

Purple Knight
Reaction score
After looking at the replay of the Rams game (NFL rewind) and watching Lance blow past 2 Rams defenders on his TD catch, I'm wondering....

How fast is he exactly? Anybody know his 40 time?

I've heard many commentators refer to him a "speedy" receiver but I've just never considered him that fast. He's a better route runner and is more shifty than anything. Maybe I'm wrong :idunno:

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Our receivers are "sneaky-fast".

Devery WAS a 4.3 guy... Meach ran a 4.35 at the combine... Colston might be our "slowest" receiver but I've seen him separate from DBs.

Lance may have run a 4.4 but not sure what his time would be today. he's VERY quick though.

SonOfNOLA

Run The ******* Ball
Reaction score
You'd think he'd be the fastest based on his small size, but he ran a 4.55 coming out of college. I think he's the quickest or shiftiest receiver we have, but can't outrun everyone.

BuddyDeesGhost

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Our receivers are "sneaky-fast".

Devery WAS a 4.3 guy... Meach ran a 4.35 at the combine... Colston might be our "slowest" receiver but I've seen him separate from DBs.

Lance may have run a 4.4 but not sure what his time would be today. he's VERY quick though.
Thanks for the stats! Most helpful. I always looked at Colston as kind of a hybred TE/WR. Its the yards after that he makes. I love it when he goes up and makes a catch and comes down and faceplants a DB.

Also true that Lance is "quicker" than he is "fast". He can really shake off a defender.

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Lance is quick, but I wouldnt call him fast. He's not going to flat out, out-run most DB's, but if he gets a step or 2 on you, which he can because he is so quick, he can burn you.

thefifthwall

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fast no but 0 to top speed faster than most
That's his advantage his first couple of steps
Blink and he's past you

State Of Affairs

BS & Beer Saints Talk on 97.7FM, Fox Sports Radio
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
After looking at the replay of the Rams game (NFL rewind) and watching Lance blow past 2 Rams defenders on his TD catch, I'm wondering....

How fast is he exactly? Anybody know his 40 time?

I've heard many commentators refer to him a "speedy" receiver but I've just never considered him that fast. He's a better route runner and is more shifty than anything. Maybe I'm wrong :idunno:
I don't think he has great straight line speed but he has very good quickness.... Anyone can run past guys if you cause the defender to take a false step or get flat footed by running a great route... Lance is sudden and runs good routes..

Saint Chi-Chi

All Pro
Reaction score
40 times doesn't mean anything. Sure Devery or Meach might burn Moore on straight aways but I betcha on routes Moore would smoke em. Moore has a small build making it easier and faster for him to change direction.

mony_b22

All-Pro
Reaction score
Actually some don't know this but Colston had the fastest short shuttle time out of all wr in that class. Short shuttle is breaks and change of direction without slowing down. If Moore is about 4.55, he and colston are about the same straight line speed. I recall Colston being around 4.53

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom