How fast is Lance Moore??? (1 Viewer)

Cjjr72984

Purple Knight
Reaction score
After looking at the replay of the Rams game (NFL rewind) and watching Lance blow past 2 Rams defenders on his TD catch, I'm wondering....

How fast is he exactly? Anybody know his 40 time?

I've heard many commentators refer to him a "speedy" receiver but I've just never considered him that fast. He's a better route runner and is more shifty than anything. Maybe I'm wrong :idunno:

Our receivers are "sneaky-fast".

Devery WAS a 4.3 guy... Meach ran a 4.35 at the combine... Colston might be our "slowest" receiver but I've seen him separate from DBs.

Lance may have run a 4.4 but not sure what his time would be today. he's VERY quick though.

You'd think he'd be the fastest based on his small size, but he ran a 4.55 coming out of college. I think he's the quickest or shiftiest receiver we have, but can't outrun everyone.

I think Moore is quicker than fast. But that being said there is nothing wrong with his speed.

Our receivers are "sneaky-fast".

Devery WAS a 4.3 guy... Meach ran a 4.35 at the combine... Colston might be our "slowest" receiver but I've seen him separate from DBs.

Lance may have run a 4.4 but not sure what his time would be today. he's VERY quick though.

Thanks for the stats! Most helpful. I always looked at Colston as kind of a hybred TE/WR. Its the yards after that he makes. I love it when he goes up and makes a catch and comes down and faceplants a DB.

Also true that Lance is "quicker" than he is "fast". He can really shake off a defender.

Lance is quick, but I wouldnt call him fast. He's not going to flat out, out-run most DB's, but if he gets a step or 2 on you, which he can because he is so quick, he can burn you.

Fast no but 0 to top speed faster than most
That's his advantage his first couple of steps
Blink and he's past you

After looking at the replay of the Rams game (NFL rewind) and watching Lance blow past 2 Rams defenders on his TD catch, I'm wondering....

How fast is he exactly? Anybody know his 40 time?

I've heard many commentators refer to him a "speedy" receiver but I've just never considered him that fast. He's a better route runner and is more shifty than anything. Maybe I'm wrong :idunno:

I don't think he has great straight line speed but he has very good quickness.... Anyone can run past guys if you cause the defender to take a false step or get flat footed by running a great route... Lance is sudden and runs good routes..

40 times doesn't mean anything. Sure Devery or Meach might burn Moore on straight aways but I betcha on routes Moore would smoke em. Moore has a small build making it easier and faster for him to change direction.

Lance is " football fast". I've never seen anyone catch him from behind or even gain in him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom