How good can Trequan Smith and Deonte Harris be with Jameis Winston [mod edit] (1 Viewer)

I think people are underestimating the importance of the Lasik surgery for Jameis, I think it could make a huge difference...
I think the LASIK surgery thing is being overestimated. I think it’s little more than an excuse put out by Winston and his camp to try and explain his shocking number of INTs during his last season as a starter.

How was his “vision issue” not discovered or addressed the entire 5 seasons he played in Tampa? Why didn’t he speak up about it if he couldn’t see?

I guess it doesn’t really matter… Winston can backup Taysom for a year and then hopefully he becomes another team’s failed reclamation project.

I think people are underestimating the importance of the Lasik surgery for Jameis, I think it could make a huge difference...
I think the opposite. I think people want to be so optimistic about Jameis that they reach to things like this for optimism. Y'all really want to believe that a guy who play was hindered by his eye sight was one of the most successful college QBs ever, National Champion and #1 overall pick and 5k passer with eye sight that was detrimental to his playing success. 🙄That's laughable to say the least.

I think the opposite. I think people want to be so optimistic about Jameis that they reach to things like this for optimism. Y'all really want to believe that a guy who play was hindered by his eye sight was one of the most successful college QBs ever, National Champion and #1 overall pick and 5k passer with eye sight that was detrimental to his playing success. 🙄That's laughable to say the least.
I only say that because I know how much the surgery improved the eyesight of people I know...

It’s not like Winston was going blind. Peoples eyes degenerate over time, sometimes it’s a very slow process and because it’s slow you don’t really notice it because you adjust. That’s how mine was. As a QB 1/4-1/2 inch off your target can result in a bad throw or INT, especially when throwing 30+ yards downfield. How about we let the guy play and prove he is good or bad before we condemn him for his past. Sometimes a different system is all it takes to make an average QB a pro bowler.

It’s not like Winston was going blind. Peoples eyes degenerate over time, sometimes it’s a very slow process and because it’s slow you don’t really notice it because you adjust. That’s how mine was. As a QB 1/4-1/2 inch off your target can result in a bad throw or INT, especially when throwing 30+ yards downfield. How about we let the guy play and prove he is good or bad before we condemn him for his past. Sometimes a different system is all it takes to make an average QB a pro bowler.
Where did I condemn him? If anything I complimented his career thus far because I think it's laughable a guy could be as successful and accomplished at every level with eye sight that is detrimental to his game 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think the LASIK surgery thing is being overestimated. I think it’s little more than an excuse put out by Winston and his camp to try and explain his shocking number of INTs during his last season as a starter.

How was his “vision issue” not discovered or addressed the entire 5 seasons he played in Tampa? Why didn’t he speak up about it if he couldn’t see?

I guess it doesn’t really matter… Winston can backup Taysom for a year and then hopefully he becomes another team’s failed reclamation project.
I kinda agree with the LASIK thing. I mean I wear glasses but wear contacts to workout or play basketball, even to work in.

If his vision was that bad why wasn't he wearing contacts? If he didn't want to wear them then he could have gone the Eric Dickerson route. Heck, even Horace Grant, Kareem wore prescription goggles.

I expect Taysom Hill to make significant progress in timing his throws and letting it rip just before the WR breaks open (instead of just after). That really hurt Hill on a lot of his deep shots (or deep shot opportunities).. especially to Deonte Harris.
It’s something that comes with experience, so I’m very confident Hill makes the necessary adjustments.

If CSP is sending TQS, Harris, or Callaway deep... and Hill makes them all legitimate threats to go over the top... then that opens up the underneath zones for other guys, and also gives Hill more running room should he decide to tuck-and-run.

Didn't even bother to answer the question....lol.

How bout we wait until training camp to determine who wins the job?

Would that be OK with everyone?

Adding this 17th game is going to make all these yardage marks a lot easier to achieve. It only takes 59 yards a game to hit 1,000 yards now, I remember when 1k rushing or receiving was a big deal
Its about 3.5 yards less than in a 16 game season

Overall you dont need those breakout games anymore. Still I don’t think every WR and RB will achieve those numbers

the star players though will crush all records in the books

Those W's will be a lot clearer for him to eat. Ha. But i think the original question is flawed by not including Hill in the question. I think Winston has a good shot of being a much better QB than he was before, but mostly because of his time with Drew and having SP as his coach. The Lasik Surgery will help as well. But again, Winston has not been named to the Starter yet. Hill has a good shot of being the starter. Also, who knows what Book can do.

I also think the question has another perspective to consider. Drew was known for making all the players around him better. So much so, that players from other teams would work out with him and ask for his advice. Does Winston, Hill, or Book have that ability? Who knows. But being a great QB had much more to it then simply being able to throw a deep ball.

I think Callaway is more talented than Trequan, whom I see as a good possession receiver. Winston will have to be very accurate to hit the tiny windows Harris presents. TBH, I don't know how accurate Winston really is, but so far it seems mediocre.
Mediocre cause he hasn't played in over a year? You don't know how accurate he is in contrast to what? What he did in Tampa?

They are going to have complete career turn arounds.. by the end of the year they both will have name changes to

Jerry Rice 1
And
Jerry Rice 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom