How good can Trequan Smith and Deonte Harris be with Jameis Winston [mod edit] (1 Viewer)

I kinda agree with the LASIK thing. I mean I wear glasses but wear contacts to workout or play basketball, even to work in.

If his vision was that bad why wasn't he wearing contacts? If he didn't want to wear them then he could have gone the Eric Dickerson route. Heck, even Horace Grant, Kareem wore prescription goggles.
Now I have to see Jameis Winston playing QB with Kareem goggles on. Rec Specs will do I guess but I really need to see him in those old goggles.

Winston's eyesight is probably way overblown. If I had just thrown 30 Ints in one season I would have at least one full page of handwritten excuses to leak to the media. And vision problems would be near the top of that list...

1. It was the system. I'm not the only QB to throw a lot of picks with Bruce Arians. No risk it, no biscuit. No biscuit, no gravy. Aint nobody got time to be living life without gravy.

2. My receivers were running the wrong routes most of the time. They just weren't on the same page I was on. They weren't even in the same book.

3. Early in the season I lost the ability to see with my eyes.

4. Not only was I playing through blindness, I had a lot of other injuries nobody knew about. For most of the season my back was slightly broken.

The Hill I saw in those 4 games showed me he has no idea what he’s doing. Sorry. Throws were late, aimed and he locked on badly. If it wasn’t for a completely QBless Denver team and a Falcons team with no DL and in tatters doubtful he would’ve been 3-1.
Under Arians, every QB has had their worst season for interceptions. That’s a fact. Look at how bad he screwed up Brady last year until finally letting Brady do his thing.
Not saying Winston doesn’t have things to work on. But success in the deep ball requires absolute precision and timing with the WR and QB. If the WR runs a slightly off route it will be incomplete or worse. Before we hang Winston, let’s see what a real HC and a system used to Brees neurotic perfectionism will do for him

Now I have to see Jameis Winston playing QB with Kareem goggles on.
OMG, I can't unsee it in my mind, and I too must now see it, just once... try it for one practice Jamis!... what if he started and owned it for that game like Kareem in his prime? "You let that guy wearing goggles whup yo arse? I thought this was the NFL, not a swim meet!"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you have the scoop on how accurate Winston will be this season, please share it!
Isn't that the guy that played 5 seasons with the Bucs without a single playoff win? I know it is a team game and it is not like the Bucs dumped him and immediately won a Super Bowl but I'm going with he is that guy until he proves otherwise.

Isn't that the guy that played 5 seasons with the Bucs without a single playoff win? I know it is a team game and it is not like the Bucs dumped him and immediately won a Super Bowl but I'm going with he is that guy until he proves otherwise.
Seeing guys like you and Groovepro… vets of the forum, remind me that I’m not crazy and this isn’t some bizzaro-world where Winston is the stud most of these folks make him out to be! Thank you!

This guy was a total joke until he donned the FDL.

Last edited:
Seeing guys like you an Groovepro… vets of the forum, remind me that I’m not crazy and this isn’t some bizzaro-world where Winston is the stud most of these folks make him out to be! Thank you!

This guy was a total joke until he donned the FDL.
I will give credit where credit is due and give concerns or point out flaws that, to me, are very transparent. I just posted a "for Winston" post, if want to check that one out...I know, mind blowing! LOL I had the opportunity to play with NFL, AFL, CFL guys, train and coach...still do. I played QB and trained QB's and trained with cats who were light years away from anything I could do or achieve, that is for sure. There are things you pick up on and you get a feel of the culture and what translates to the field with a higher level experience in football. I can only go by what I can absorb and what I see. I always give a comment of "COULD", "POTENTIAL", "IF", as well. ...but some things just are what they are and large uphill battles to conquer. I try to back up with video or some other means that are not just "my word" on WHY I have a certain assessment. There are many who I don't agree with, but I can SEE where they are coming from and try to give them those props and respect, too. It might not always come out that way, but I try! LOL

I will give credit where credit is due and give concerns or point out flaws that, to me, are very transparent. I just posted a "for Winston" post, if want to check that one out...I know, mind blowing! LOL I had the opportunity to play with NFL, AFL, CFL guys, train and coach...still do. I played QB and trained QB's and trained with cats who were light years away from anything I could do or achieve, that is for sure. There are things you pick up on and you get a feel of the culture and what translates to the field with a higher level experience in football. I can only go by what I can absorb and what I see. I always give a comment of "COULD", "POTENTIAL", "IF", as well. ...but some things just are what they are and large uphill battles to conquer. I try to back up with video or some other means that are not just "my word" on WHY I have a certain assessment. There are many who I don't agree with, but I can SEE where they are coming from and try to give them those props and respect, too. It might not always come out that way, but I try! LOL
I appreciate that… FTR, I don’t think Winston is some talent-less bum… I think he’s a bad guy. There’s really nothing that is going to change that either. The guy has been “accused” of sexual misconduct multiple times… and none of those allegations have been disproven. He just paid them off.

I don’t really care how great his talent is, that makes me, not a fan.

As a parallel, I’m a die-hard Blackhawks fan… but I think Patrick Kane is a dirtbag, and I’m not a fan of his… is he very talented. YES. …but he’s also a dirtbag that was elevated by Toews (the CAPTAIN) when they won their Cups)… among others. I love the Hawks, but I will NEVER be a fan of Kane.

No matter what happens… the same will be true for Winston (only it may be worse, because Winston is a sexual predator, and that is worse than abusing a cab driver and being an overall d**k.

1623286273619.png
Brees: "You can be the QB#1 when I retire"

Jameis: " That wouldn't be a bad idea"

Stop the Jameis hate.
7641AA7F-DE83-4518-A6C1-1BD9E3D6BC43.jpeg
Brees: “You’re the future bro… You can do things I could never do, and I’ll be there to help when times get tough… I love you!”

See… Anyone can set a fake caption to a picture of two people talking when they have no freakin idea what was really said!

Stop the Taysom QB hate.

7641AA7F-DE83-4518-A6C1-1BD9E3D6BC43.jpeg
Brees: “You’re the future bro… You can do things I could never do, and I’ll be there to help when times get tough… I love you!”

See… Anyone can set a fake caption to a picture of two people talking when they have no freakin idea what was really said!

Stop the Taysom QB hate.
Your hilarious🤣, mine was better tho 😉

Also throwing an accurate slant or back shoulder throw is infinitely harder than throwing a 60 yard bomb
This. I believe these types of throws is what will be missing without Drew. In 2 minute drills, Drew made his living off of carving up the field a little bit at a time with precise back shoulder passes and slants, all the way down the field until we scored. But I do wish Winston the best of luck.

The Hill I saw in those 4 games showed me he has no idea what he’s doing. Sorry. Throws were late, aimed and he locked on badly. If it wasn’t for a completely QBless Denver team and a Falcons team with no DL and in tatters doubtful he would’ve been 3-1.
Under Arians, every QB has had their worst season for interceptions. That’s a fact. Look at how bad he screwed up Brady last year until finally letting Brady do his thing.
Not saying Winston doesn’t have things to work on. But success in the deep ball requires absolute precision and timing with the WR and QB. If the WR runs a slightly off route it will be incomplete or worse. Before we hang Winston, let’s see what a real HC and a system used to Brees neurotic perfectionism will do for him
Deep ball accuracy and precision vs throws under 30 yds are 2 completely different animals. The set up is different, the release is different, etc. Winston, when lines up straight and can launch a ball between the numbers on the field, it is a thing of BEAUTY. He has an amazing, straight line deep ball with good touch, pushes it, etc. Having a great deep ball doesn't necessarily equate to precision/timing/accuracy of all other throws.

Hill having "no idea what he is doing" is a very uneducated assessment. That is like saying Winston has "no idea what he is doing" or "has no talent". Both of those statements would be blind, biased and just wrong.

Winston HAS had good coaches and HAS been in good systems with good skill position players around him.

That being said, the only thing I can agree with is not "hang Winston, let's see..." in regard to CSP and Brees' influence on changing his game. He seems to have matured and truly has been looking at himself and was shown the steps it takes to be an elite QB. That is something he never had.

One can't emote and blindly argue particulars. //"Before we hang Winston, let’s see..."!// THAT, I can go with and should be the narrative!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom