How happy are you with Our SAINTS Roster? (1 Viewer)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Aside for Lutz ( and that’s for just the time being) I’m liking EVERYONE on our roster RIGHT NOW~! If everyone is healthy and playing up to their potential, as it appears they are, I’m thinking all we need is the desire and belief that there is a direct coalition who could bring us into the play-offs and then to the Promised Land of Super Bowl Championship~!

There’s not one guy who I’d trade off or away for any other player and I said Lutz but he’s a rook and those three misques weren’t ALL his fault even if he really needs to change his trajectory and get those kicks up~!

Another “sort of needs a change” is Fleener but after both Jimmy “G” and Big Ben Watson, it’s a hard position to hand over to someone like Fleener but maybe he’s a great fit for our Offense and I haven’t seen it other than we’re getting some much improved downfield blocking seeing that with the solid runs from Timmy and Mark.

So, I’m just saying I feel our roster is looking really strong all the way around , wish we had started faster and some of the real “Breaks” would have fallen our way instead of the reality that we were just in the wrong place at the right time to NOT get the breaks and to have missed on several opportunities where our Special Teams could have given us some really great shots. Heck I can name four complex Sp.T’s plays which could have/should have given us some real opportunities to have won four games~!

So, with all of that on paper, I say: “Our TEAM” is correct, some plays and tendencies need to be corrected. The secret to solving these variables are hidden but it must be in some sort of Mathematics but I don’t know what it is or where those answers are hidden, but we MUST inject into our TEAM what it’s like to be an NFL TEAM who is vaulted up into the rarified air of being Champions and that it’s within their reach and that THEY are good enough to DO IT~~! They have Drew Brees for maybe one more H of F year or even two but there’s a LOT of preparation which needs to be instilled into their brains to get over that stumbling block of self doubt or that “thing” which prevents players from achieving that attitude of becoming Champions. Sometimes no matter how “special” young players are, there is an understanding of what it takes to become Champions. The development of hunger for the taste of that championship and that THEY , The New Orleans SAINTS, who had gone through a period of such poor defenses, they had gone through a situation never imposed upon any team before with the BountyGate situation, brought down upon us by Roger Goodell as we were crippled at a time when we still had that “glow” from Our SUPERBOWL WIN and still “felt” like we were Champions and could regain the title again. Those days seem like a long time ago and our roster is very different than anything even close to those days which is good because we’re loaded with strong young talent yet we need some gritty veterens who know that “hunger” necessary to penetrate just the grind of a season but that extra “push” necessary to gain the grit to become NFL Champions. That question is now, “Does OUR 2011 TEAM have what it takes to make that turn and gain the kind of danger necessary to earn that spot?” Does out roster have the kind of heart and desire and even understanding to comprehend what becoming Champions means? That has to be on The Coaches to instill in our players what it takes to become Champions~! To believe in themselves and in one another which gives them the WILL to become Champions~! I pray he remembers and still has his own hunger along with Drew and Roman and Streif and Jahri to share with our new guys ( that’s the majority of our roster) just what it takes to enter into that rarified air of Championship Ball where you don’t settle for just playing well but playing with a desire which is new for them and they all need to look deeply into their mirrors and see someone differently who is looking back. The person looking back is meaner, more focused and more intense and just MORE than anything they’ve ever seen before. A pending CHAMPION will be looking back at them. I don’t know about any of you all but that became something we ALL shared and it FELT as if we all were on the same ride together and everyone of us were helping each other and either that team was on our backs or else we were on their backs.

What say all of YOU? Do we have “The STUFF” which can make it happen again? I believe we do and I think our combination of youth and those mid term guys who are understanding what’s at stake are prepared to make the sacrifices to earn that spot!!

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX~!!!!! We’ve got to run the table and still catch some breaks from some other teams but it still can be DONE!

I'd say I'm pretty happy. We could still use a few more pieces though.

It's the coaches that are the problem, really.

Id still say we need an elite pass rusher, but if everyone is healthy the rest of the roster is pretty strong

Don't "want" to be "THAT GUY" but I WILL~! It's just ALL to "hard" to READ~!!!!!

It really isn't that difficult. But I guess someone has to be "that guy".
And to comment on the actual premise of the thread, I really like the roster but you could always use more solid depth and some pop. Particularly a freak of nature pass rusher. I'd love to add a game changer type talent anywhere possible rather than just being good with a bunch of solid players. The core is there though in my opinion.

Guard
Edge rusher
#2 cb
RB? Maybe, not a huge need.

I hope we spend wisely in FA.
This team is close.

See ejw's recent thread, he hit the nail on the head with what we're needing this offseason (except for the bush part imo, need to find a younger (somewhat) version) his analysis is spot on.

I think we're close.

Offense needs some young guys on the o-line (to replace Strief and Evans soon) - other than that we're good there. I know a lot of people think we need another Sproles type guy, but i think our RBs are fine with the gameplan we've been using.

Defense needs more depth at all levels, but we've got a good core. One difference maker in the front 7 would put us over the top.

We need about 3 pieces on offense, 3 pieces on defense, and to get healthy.

We need a P/K returner for sure... a 5-10 yard improvement in starting field position would make a difference.

I like the roster in that you can see they are all team players.

Offense:
Right side of the line could use some high talent to develop and take over for Strief and Jahri
Running back position may not be as solid as we hoped

Defense:
Still in dire need of that dominant edge rusher coming off the right side. I will say I absolutely love the roster turn around at DT. We have actual NFL starters and great rotation/depth it's nice to finally see some inside presence.
Coverage linebacker is still a huge hole. Robertson has done an excellent job and we cannot afford to count on Ellerbe - it's just not reasonable. There's a reason we continuously play 3 safeties and that's because we only have 2 starting LB's on the team. I would like to see us pick up a great coverage LB via trade or FA.

I like our team a lot. I think we're only about 6 or 7 players away from dominance.

On offense we need a Carl Nicks, Darren Sproles, Colston and a Jimmy Graham or Jeremy Shockey all in their prime.

On defense... a Malcolm Jenkins... and a Junior Gallete and Darren Sharper in their prime but without all the rapeyness, belts, roofies and psychosis. Or hey maybe just bring back the dome patrol. I think that'd make us pretty good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom