How has Carl Granderson been playing? (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Granderson can take it to the next level, it won’t be a big blow if Hendrickson leave for a big payday. Granderson and Davenport would be a dangerous combo, only if Granderson take that next step.

I haven’t noticed him much. I remember he was in on a sack and maybe some tackles. I agree, if he can develop into a good rusher, that would be the most ideal situation. The key to maintaining a strong unit is to keep developing players because you’ll never be able to re-sign them all to huge contracts. And on a unit that is dominant, players can look better than they are and demand more.

Not taking anything away from Hendrickson, because he’s played great. I’m just saying it can be that way, and a team can get in financial trouble quick if they don’t take more of a long term approach, meaning continuous acquisition of talent through the draft and developing young players. I’m not an expert, though.I just know many are saying we have to re-sign Hendrickson, but long-term, will it be the right move? I don’t know. Just my thoughts.

I haven’t noticed him much. I remember he was in on a sack and maybe some tackles. I agree, if he can develop into a good rusher, that would be the most ideal situation. The key to maintaining a strong unit is to keep developing players because you’ll never be able to re-sign them all to huge contracts. And on a unit that is dominant, players can look better than they are and demand more.

Not taking anything away from Hendrickson, because he’s played great. I’m just saying it can be that way, and a team can get in financial trouble quick if they don’t take more of a long term approach, meaning continuous acquisition of talent through the draft and developing young players. I’m not an expert, though.I just know many are saying we have to re-sign Hendrickson, but long-term, will it be the right move? I don’t know. Just my thoughts.

I agree with the method of constantly drafting and replacing D-Lineman but you don't want to let all of them go. You gotta figure out which ones fit the best and have the best upside and try to manage that with depth.

Granderson and Shy Tuttle have both been buried by a deep D Line this year but it's a great problem to have. Our depth is awesome, however, I still pray like crazy our key guys stay stay healthy.

I can tell you this -- I was completely wrong in my prediction that Granderson would quickly pass Hendrickson on the depth chart this season. No one could have expected Hendrickson to play so well, but if we do lose him to a big payday next offseason, I still believe Granderson can develop and surprise as that third rotational DE. Like Saintsphere said, the fact we haven't seen much of Granderson or Tuttle means our D line is really deep and exceeding expectations. They've been a huge part of our success this season!

I agree with the method of constantly drafting and replacing D-Lineman but you don't want to let all of them go. You gotta figure out which ones fit the best and have the best upside and try to manage that with depth.

Absolutely. You try to keep the game-changers, but if there’s younger guys behind them that the coaches believe will develop into game-changers, it’s sometimes a no-brainer to pass on giving out a mega contract in favor of a rookie deal. It’s all about position depth and just how valuable one guy is to you and what you are able and willing to pay. It will be really interesting to see what happens with Hendrickson. The board went crazy over Bell leaving, but hey, there’s a lot of mouths to feed and sometimes there are players just as good behind them playing for cheap. Not saying this is the case here, but in an ideal world it would be.

He has played every game, I believe he had a tackle for loss vs ATL. Has 1 sack this year vs Brady?

Honestly not a fan. Seen some splash play but doesn't stand out as a force in every play. For a guy his size, I don't see any counter moves. Seen him on the edge trying to rush the passer and took too wide of an angle and being pushed wider and out of play. He is a physical specimen. Big, and tall but his play doesn't coincide with his size. Still the fact is this is his second year and have time to develop. But for now, I just don't see it in him. Only famous for his centipede dance. That's it.

Honestly not a fan. Seen some splash play but doesn't stand out as a force in every play. For a guy his size, I don't see any counter moves. Seen him on the edge trying to rush the passer and took too wide of an angle and being pushed wider and out of play. He is a physical specimen. Big, and tall but his play doesn't coincide with his size. Still the fact is this is his second year and have time to develop. But for now, I just don't see it in him. Only famous for his centipede dance. That's it.

You see that sick spin move that forced Ryan to get rid of the ball on the Janoris pick? He also had a nice play forcing a pitch play out to the sideline.

Over 17 games as a pro over his first two seasons Granderson has had 268 snaps, with 19 tackles and two sacks.

Trey Hendrickson had 17 games as a pro over his first two seasons and had 426 snaps, with 21 tackles and two sacks.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think about giving Granderson a little more time. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom