How high will Terron Armstead rise? (1 Viewer)

Pai Mei

Very Banned
Reaction score
The OT prospect from Ark Pine Bluff has really impressed at the Combine, and Mayock is raving about his tools and potential to be a starting LT down the road. My question is, how high could this weekend push him up draft boards? Is he worthy of our 3rd rounder at this point? Will he even last that long?

Well, they are now saying he'll rise into the 2nd but I think he's an early 3rd rounder. People are overreacting to one solid performance at the combine. He's still raw, but if someone has time to develop him, he will make an excellent LT for them.

Well, they are now saying he'll rise into the 2nd but I think he's an early 3rd rounder. People are overreacting to one solid performance at the combine. He's still raw, but if someone has time to develop him, he will make an excellent LT for them.

yea. he really did well in the 40 but thats the least likely to translate to on field production for offensive linemen

the 10 yard split is important, but not the 40

hes an interesting prospect but hes still going to be a mid round project

Who was that tackle a couple years back that ran a great forty and everyone projected him 8th overall to the Raiders but ended up going in like the 3rd round?

The combine, in particular the forty, is best used as a measuring tool to help answer question marks but can't be used as the primary one.

Who was that tackle a couple years back that ran a great forty and everyone projected him 8th overall to the Raiders but ended up going in like the 3rd round?

The combine, in particular the forty, is best used as a measuring tool to help answer question marks but can't be used as the primary one.

Especially for an offensive lineman.

Dontari Poe

Bruce Campbell. He actually ended up being selected by the Raiders, but in the fourth round not the first :hihi:

Maryland is, apparently, the NFL combines dream school. Vernon Davis, Heyward-Bey, Campbell, etc. I think the problem Campbell had was he played at a decent school. He was terrible and people knew it. You could see it in film. You pretty much had to pretend he wasn't awful.

Terron is a bit more like Poe, in that the lower level of competition allows these NFL teams top our all their hopes and dreams into the player and judge them more just based in athletic ability. Actually Terron even much more so than Dontari Poe.

I think he'll jump up in the draft,

The OT prospect from Ark Pine Bluff has really impressed at the Combine, and Mayock is raving about his tools and potential to be a starting LT down the road. My question is, how high could this weekend push him up draft boards? Is he worthy of our 3rd rounder at this point? Will he even last that long?

I would have been very happy with him in the 3rd round before he ran at the combine. I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him in the 2nd round with the pick we don't have.

Maddox, a site I have a lot of faith in is Draft Scout, this was the Brain Child of the Late Bill Walsh. The have him going in the 3rd, but that was over two weeks ago. I don't know how ofter the retool their lists, bu I would think that he has moved up into the early 2nd round at the least. What would you think if the Saints maybe traded down in the 1st round and selected him I would not be upset.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom