How I see America... (1 Viewer)

MPar98

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Because being American is a phenomenon. Its not about being born here, its about how it came to be and our way of life. We are all descendants of immigrants, people leaving their native country for something new. Which the world hadn't seen, in modern times, the creation of a nation based on individual liberties and freedom. Our nation is the biproduct of those who left their country because of some sort of oppression and those seeking opportunity.

When once I was in London and explained to someone that I was Italian/French/German and Native American he shook his head in disbelief and said..."thats so American". And its true.

So when I hear people say, this or that will destroy America. I take it with a grain of salt, because America is made up of intangible characteristics, which can't be bombed. It can be disrupted, but can't be changed. Thats why it infuriates our enemies, they can't do a damn thing about it.

Thoughts?

I think the Newt Gingrich post got me thinking...

Very true that if you're not descended from Native Americans, you or your family are emigrants to this country. I've read somewhere that the USA is the most ethnically/culturally diverse nation on the planet. I think that's our greatest obstacle at times, but also by far our greatest asset.

The only thing IMHO that can destroy this country is a mindset that we do not need to change; that the staus quo is acceptable and that somehow change is not necessary e.g. our current oil addiction

There are many problems here just as there are in other countries, but our greatest resource in overcoming all these problems is our diversity, which brings about so many different perspectives with regard to solving these problems.

>>Very true that if you're not descended from Native Americans, you or your family are emigrants to this country.

:covri:

TPS

Very true that if you're not descended from Native Americans, you or your family are emigrants to this country.

Actually that may not be true. Doesn't immigration, by definition, indicate a willfull move? If so, then African slave descendants are an exception to this rule.

>>Very true that if you're not descended from Native Americans, you or your family are emigrants to this country.

:covri:

TPS

descend.jpg

native%20americans.jpg

AO1.jpg

Very true that if you're not descended from Native Americans, you or your family are emigrants to this country.

Actually, didn't the first humans "immigrate" from Asia over the ice bridge? Technically, if you're not descended from a bear, you're an immigrant.

Actually, didn't the first humans "immigrate" from Asia over the ice bridge? Technically, if you're not descended from a bear, you're an immigrant.

isn't all land life descendant from sea living organisms? Thus everyland creature being an immigrant?

>>isn't all land life descendant from sea living organisms? Thus everyland creature being an immigrant?

Not necessarily. Some sea life may have come from land. This interesting hypothesis arrives from the fetal stage of a species of dolphin where they grow some hand-like structures only to have them disappear a month or so later. Interesting querry on the road to understanding evolution or possibly a satanic trick played on humans. :shrug:

TPS

>>isn't all land life descendant from sea living organisms? Thus everyland creature being an immigrant?

Not necessarily. Some sea life may have come from land. This interesting hypothesis arrives from the fetal stage of a species of dolphin where they grow some hand-like structures only to have them disappear a month or so later. Interesting querry on the road to understanding evolution or possibly a satanic trick played on humans. :shrug:

TPS

Cetaceans and pinnipeds are descended from land-dwelling carnivores which are, in turn, descended from sea-dwelling lobe-finned fishes.

According to Huck though, every creature not native to the area around Mt. Ararat is an immigrant off Noah's boat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom