How I see the top 10 Shaping up... (1 Viewer)

Dorsey is supposed to work out at LSU's Pro Day. This is what will determine how healthy he is and where he will be picked. Personally, I have not seen much of Ellis. I have watched Dorsey play for the last few years and if he is there, I am taking him without a second thought. He is a great player with a non stop motor and he is a leader. I know people are talking about his past injury bothering him. If you watched him play in the National Championship game, he was very different than in the Arkansas game. He just needed to let it heal. I don't think he is injury prone. This injury was a cheap shot and should never have happened. I think he will probably be gone when we pick, but stranger things have happened.

That's too low for Vernon Gholston dude... When all is said and done, he could easily be the top overall pick! Dude's a BEAST.

Clady ain't going before Jake Long either... Long didn't do anything but solidify himself as the top OL in the draft at the combine.

Here's my crack at it...

1. Miami - Vernon Gholston
2. St. Louis - Jake Long
3. Atlanta - Matt Ryan
4. Oakland - Chris Long
5. K.C. - Glen Dorsey
6. NY Jets - Quenton Groves
7. N.E. - Leodis McKelvin
8. Baltimore - Ryan Clady
9. Cincy - Darren McFadden
10. Saints - Sedrick Ellis

Ok hypothetical here: What if one of the DT's & Gholston were available? Who would YOU take?

i am with bongi on this one. he hasnt worked out yet... when he has a good workout(which i expect he will) his name will be broadcasted again and mock drafts should have him in the top five. defensive tackles with power and agility are gold. i can only wish we can get him..... our defense would instantly rise in the experts rankings..... cant wait for football to start geaux saints

Jets just signed Calvin Pace. They already signed Brian Thomas to a big deal a year ago. They should be their outside linebackers, so that limits the chance they go OLBer in round one. I could still see them taking Gholston, but they would severely limit playing time of one of the other bid deal linebackers they have.

There's always a couple of picks that leave people scratching their heads, so this mock isn't that far fetched. And if it's between Dorsey and Ellis, I'm going with Dorsey. All of this talk about injuries just reeks of smokescreens.

I agree. I think the durability issue is a red herring.

However, I like both Gholston and Ellis more than Dorsey. They are both more athletic than Dorsey, and more of an upgrade for the Saints. I do like Dorsey's motor, and would be happy with him too.

I think we would have to trade up to get Gholston or Ellis. Dorsey may possibly fall to 10 if he doesn't shine on Pro Day.

As one of those LSU homers, I'll try to explain where I'm coming from...

Look, if Dorsey ends up a Saint, I'll dance a week long merry jig. It's not in the least bit about Dorsey. It's about meat and bone, nothing more, nothing less.

I've watched every snap where Dorsey has been on the field. Every single one. And of course he's proven he can play through pain. Of course he's proven to be "a warrior" or whatever. He's everything you want in a player.

But I am NOT of the (apparently popular in some circles) opinion that because a guy has played through injury issues for X amount of time, that means he'll continue to do that indefinitely.

To the contrary, my belief is that no human athlete can do that indefinitely, no matter how much of a warrior he might be and how much "want-to" he might have. Eventually, it comes down to the meat and bone. If it can't go, he can't go.

The fact that he has played though all these issues, to me, doesn't indicate that he can continue to do that forever. Rather, it indicates to me that the clock has been ticking on him for a couple years now, and that's a couple years that have greatly benefitted LSU, but that the team that ends up drafting him HAS to consider "spent." And that's a negative. A big one. Especially early in the first round.

It's the same reason the Jets couldn't get a first for Vilma. It doesn't matter what you think of the player's ability or character/intangibles/work-ethic/etc. If the meat and bone aren't pristine, that trumps EVERYTHING else.

Hmmm. There's some merit to that theory. At the 10th pick, though, the talent level exceeds the concern, IMHO. From a non-:homer:, BTW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom