How I see the top 10 Shaping up... (1 Viewer)

1. Miami - Chris Long - Parcells kinda pick
2. St. Louis - Jake Long - Need OL help
3. Atlanta - Glenn Dorsey - New coach is former Jax DC, knows value of quality big man and have jettisoned Coleman and Jackson this year
4. Oakland - Sedrick Ellis - Lost Sapp
5. K.C. - Ryan Clady - Need OL help bad
6. NY Jets - Vernon Gholston - Probably perfect for 3-4 OLB
7. N.E. - Leodis McKelvin - Need DBs
8. Baltimore - Matt Ryan - Top rated QB falls
9. Cincy - Darren McFadden - Top rated RB falls
10. Saints - Mike Jenkins - #1a or #1b rated corner

:shrug:

It's possible that the Falcons could take Dorsey but Matt Ryan is there for the taking. They need a face for the franchise. Arthur Blank was VERY impressed with his interview of Matt Ryan at the combine. I think he's the choice if there. In fact, there's already some talk that the Falcons might move up to take him.

Oakland has Terdell Sands and just signed Tommy Kelly to a mega-rich deal to replace the retired Sapp. I doubt they take a DT. They would be hardpressed to justify paying two guys in the middle of their defense the $50 million contracts it'll require when they have other needs that can be addressed. McFadden, Gholston or Chris Long are the most logical choices for the Raiders. I could also see a trade down if McFadden is there and the Cowboys offer a big deal like Marion Barber (who would team up very well with Justin Fargas) and their two first round picks.

Have you ever even seen Gholston play?

I was about to ask the same thing. The knock against him is that he takes some downs off, but he's a definitely a top 10 player. No question about it.

I know I will get blasted for this -- but after watching the combine -- DRC!!!

I know I will get blasted for this -- but after watching the combine -- DRC!!!

But then we would have to pay a skinny little DB 1st round money. Only players worth that kind of money are OL, DL, and very special LB or QB.

Ellis is too little and he wasn't talked about nearly as much as Dorsey until the Senior Bowl which Dorsey didnt play in. When everyone was watching games all the talk was about Dorsey, now that it is time for numbers and drills and nonsense Ellis is getting hyped, but when you watch the tapes from Saturday all anyone would talk about is Dorsey. To think he will be around at #10 is silly. I wish, but how do you go from #1 to #10 without playing a single game. We are living in Laa laa land if we think we can get him. I wish, but I don't have a Genie in a bottle, so I doubt it!

This is a very good draft. There should be a no-brainer available at ten. Just do not reach for Rivers.

Why are all you LSU homers thinking that Ellis is the better pick than Dorsey? Did you not watch Dorsey the last couple of years....especially last year? I think he proved that he could play through pain and still disrupt everything in front of him. Those so called injuries didn't stop him from missing a game at LSU......What gives?

I never got into the "he's not worthy of a top 10 pick" deal (Re: DRC).

If you feel the guy could help you win at a position of need then you take him... to hell with what the "experts" say.

I think New England will move out of there spot when it is all said and done.I don't at this point know who will move up?..........Probalbly Dallas and they will take Mcfadden or the other running back just to surprise everyone.

Miami - Chris Long

St.Louis - Jake Long

Atlanta - Ryan Clady ........who do they have for tackles,they let go of Gandy.

Oakland - Dorsey

Kansas City - Macfadden ..................They did it when they had Priest too.

Jets - Golhston

Someone - Matt Ryan .........Someone needs a Qb,maybe Chicago,Carolina,Ravens.Dallas could move here aswell and grab Mendenhaul(spelling).

Ravens - BPA .........probably a Wr,that runs well on a pro day.

Cincy - Ellis ...............I just can't think of another position they would covet?

Saints - Our pick I guess,I would never claim to know waht the Saints organization would ever do it would never surprise me either.We will probably move out of the 1st round all together.You just never know.

There's always a couple of picks that leave people scratching their heads, so this mock isn't that far fetched. And if it's between Dorsey and Ellis, I'm going with Dorsey. All of this talk about injuries just reeks of smokescreens.

I never got into the "he's not worthy of a top 10 pick" deal (Re: DRC).

If you feel the guy could help you win at a position of need then you take him... to hell with what the "experts" say.

The reaching is the problem...He's not #10 talent. IMO. He's more like 25 ish.

And there's a big drop from 10 to 25.

dorsey AND ellis aren't falling out of the top 9

and if ellis is there, we will take him over anybody, even dorsey. payton wants ellis

Why are all you LSU homers thinking that Ellis is the better pick than Dorsey? Did you not watch Dorsey the last couple of years....especially last year? I think he proved that he could play through pain and still disrupt everything in front of him. Those so called injuries didn't stop him from missing a game at LSU......What gives?

As one of those LSU homers, I'll try to explain where I'm coming from...

Look, if Dorsey ends up a Saint, I'll dance a week long merry jig. It's not in the least bit about Dorsey. It's about meat and bone, nothing more, nothing less.

I've watched every snap where Dorsey has been on the field. Every single one. And of course he's proven he can play through pain. Of course he's proven to be "a warrior" or whatever. He's everything you want in a player.

But I am NOT of the (apparently popular in some circles) opinion that because a guy has played through injury issues for X amount of time, that means he'll continue to do that indefinitely.

To the contrary, my belief is that no human athlete can do that indefinitely, no matter how much of a warrior he might be and how much "want-to" he might have. Eventually, it comes down to the meat and bone. If it can't go, he can't go.

The fact that he has played though all these issues, to me, doesn't indicate that he can continue to do that forever. Rather, it indicates to me that the clock has been ticking on him for a couple years now, and that's a couple years that have greatly benefitted LSU, but that the team that ends up drafting him HAS to consider "spent." And that's a negative. A big one. Especially early in the first round.

It's the same reason the Jets couldn't get a first for Vilma. It doesn't matter what you think of the player's ability or character/intangibles/work-ethic/etc. If the meat and bone aren't pristine, that trumps EVERYTHING else.

For a guy that hasn't missed any time in college, ANY, in 4 years I don't know why all the injury concerns. He didnt even have to have a procedure done this offseason to repair anything. Besides for being chopped against Auburn what's the big hoopla over?

From what it looks like Cincy is really trying to find a DT, and have failed twice trying to make a trade. If a team is willing to move up to Oak's or NE's spot that's where a trade can happen if they feel Cincy will nab the guy they want. Al just paid Russell $30m last year and giving up another $20m+ to another rookie is a tough proposition. NE meanwhile is not hurting for talent based on an 18-1 record and there's no CB this year to warrant that high of a pick. They can get a decent guy later in the draft.

This is how I see it shaking out if everyone stays put:

1. Miami - Chris Long
2. St. Louis - Jake Long
3. Atlanta - Matt Ryan
4. Oakland - Vernon Gholston
5. K.C. - Ryan Clady
6. NY Jets - Darren Mcfadden
7. N.E. - Quentin Groves
8. Baltimore - Mike Jenkins
9. Cincy - Glen Dorsey
10. Saints - Sedrick Ellis

Ellis' lack of height would be a concern of mine. When DTs cant get pressure they need to be able to get a hand up and at 6'0" he's no tipping or altering any passes. I haven't seen him play any bigtime games so hey. But I've seen Dorsey do it over and over and over and over, even on one leg....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom