How Important Is Drafting a Tight End? (1 Viewer)

HogsNSaints

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
It's abundantly clear that Coby Fleener is not the guy. So I want to know the popular opinion amongst you knowledgeable Saints fanatics. I think this draft is ripe with TE talent (Howard, Engram, Leggett, Butt, etc), so do you guys think it would be worth a top 3 round pick on a TE?

It's abundantly clear that Coby Fleener is not the guy. So I want to know the popular opinion amongst you knowledgeable Saints fanatics. I think this draft is ripe with TE talent (Howard, Engram, Leggett, Butt, etc), so do you guys think it would be worth a top 3 round pick on a TE?

I honestly think we go defense and offensive line in the first 3 rounds. You can find a serviceable tight end in the 5th

I think we have to give Fleener one more year before we spend an early round pick on a TE.

In most people's minds it probably isn't that critical, given our other needs...still who knows what Sean is thinking? We have a lot invested in Fleener and I'd imagine too much dead $ if we tried to move on after only 1 yr. Hill really looked like he was earning the gig before going down and he'll be back. I'd say draft one if a really good player falls to the 5th or later.

Give him another year in the system, we need to go all in on o-line and pass rusher during the offseason/draft.

Howard is a superb blocker and receiver.

He would be great value in round 1 or 2.

I would definitely look to add at least 1 mor blocking te in case Homanuai gets injured again

Our two best Tight Ends were injured this season. It is not important to draft a tight end.

There is almost always quality TEs available in the mid rounds.

I don't think it's important to draft one early. But we have to get someone who will run the seam route. Fleener looks hesitant in traffic, Hill is special teams, and Hooman is coming off injury.

I'd love to see us go after Antonio Gates (cut rumors) or Vernon Davis. Either or both would be great fits and moderately priced. This team isn't bad, but on offense we need a big steady target over the middle. And a satellite RB who also is a returner. Then we have full access to the playbook.

I forgot to mention TE Jermaine Gresham is a FA. He is a blocking monster, decent speed, and catches the ball in traffic. He'd be my #1 pick if money wasn't an issue. And he's 29 y/o. That's the prime year for TE production.

I don't think it's important to draft one early. But we have to get someone who will run the seam route. Fleener looks hesitant in traffic, Hill is special teams, and Hooman is coming off injury.

I'd love to see us go after Antonio Gates (cut rumors) or Vernon Davis. Either or both would be great fits and moderately priced. This team isn't bad, but on offense we need a big steady target over the middle. And a satellite RB who also is a returner. Then we have full access to the playbook.

It seems like those satellite RBs are getting more and more expensive. McCaffrey and Samuel are the only ones I think of and they're likely going round 1 and round 2/3.

I agree we just need a TE that can run and catch the seam route! :9:

Not ready to throw in the towel on Fleener just yet. But it's getting close. Come next September, he needs to be a top 5 TE. He has the tools, the QB, and the system. If 2017 is not his year, then we can start looking elsewhere.

Now I don't expect him to have Graham numbers, because there are a few more mouths to feed than when Jimmy was a Saint. I would hope that he becomes a weapon we can count on. Something along the lines of what Ben Watson gave us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom