Article How Important is the 2020 NFL Draft for the Saints Going Forward? (2 Viewers)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Just how important is the 2020 NFL Draft for the Saints heading into the next decade? The Saints have 24 players that will be eligible to pursue the free agency period that starts on March 18th. The reality is that the organization will not be able to retain a lot of those players that will become eligible for free agency next month.

How Important is the 2020 NFL Draft for the Saints Going Forward?

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
A very important draft year and for getting UDFAs. The Saints have done very well in both regards the previous few years. Deonte was an absolute gem from last year as an UDFA. Granderson showed promise last year. Think with a full camp he will be a beast in 20. Loved what I saw from McCoy and CGJ.

I think this staff will put together another excellent offseason.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Every draft is the most important draft we've ever had. Think about a few years ago when we were missing on several picks and then compare that to the Kamara and CGM draft.

Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier. We’ve hit the last 3 drafts out of the park, and that’s with being without picks and being pretty low in the pecking order. We would really benefit from another great draft. Losing some talent that you can’t afford isn’t so bad when you have suitable replacements. I’d say this draft is extra crucial for the future of the Saints, since we are now facing that situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom