How, in the name of Sam Hill, did our 2012 defense beat the Bucs 41-0??? (1 Viewer)

Cause they finally blitzed and played a complete defensive game. I really believe Spags was throwing some of those games just for the hell of it. It didnt make since then and it dont make since now! Should have been doing that all year IMO!!

No mystery there. We were bad but the Bucs had already quit for the year.

Not to knock our defense but Josh Freeman was having a bad game and it wasnt just againt us but the next couple games he did as well

No mystery there. We were bad but the Bucs had already quit for the year.

This. They quit after they lost heart breakers to the Falcons and Broncos to drop to 6-6. After that and just prior to their trip to the Superdome they dropped a home game to the Iggles, and we saw first hand how bad that team was last year.

I record every Saints game from year to year (and re watch them). This game was the only one that I did not delete from last season. I can't relive the hideous defensive performances or watching a non-coach Payton offense. The only reason why I am keeping the Bucs game is bc it was a shutout.

Contrary to the whole "worst defense in history!" Meme there were actually some stretches of solid defensive play. Just wasnt good enough to string it together consistently.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I record every Saints game from year to year (and re watch them). This game was the only one that I did not delete from last season. I can't relive the hideous defensive performances or watching a non-coach Payton offense. The only reason why I am keeping the Bucs game is bc it was a shutout.

against the yucs.

payton is more than just a play calling genius. he holds coaches and players accountable. well, maybe not mcmahon.

Contrary to the whole "worst defense in history!" Meme there were actually some stretches of solid defensive play. Just wasnt good enough to string it together consistently.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yep. There were a few games where they looked very good.

I know everyone likes to dog on our defense and blame all that on Tampa's poor play, but to be honest with you that was one of the most complete Saints game I believe I have ever watched. It's a shame it happened in what was mostly an otherwise throwaway year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom