How is the Sean Payton sweepstakes looking so far? (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Raiders 0-3 Haven't played
Charger 2-2 Win looks like a lock
Jets Still a tight ball game....
Texans are a dumpster fire, but I don't think Payton would entertain them.

Cowboys are 3-1... I don't know. They may go all in on McCarthy.

I think Cowboys go Dan Quinn if they don’t want McCarthy for whatever reason. He’s turned around their defense and has gone to a SB as head coach himself. Plus Jerry talked Quinn into staying when he had an opportunity to be head coach for Denver this past offseason.

If the Raiders lose today then their season is as good as over. Considering the expectations and hype around them I could absolutely see McDaniels going one and done. We could do with 3+ teams interested to drive the price up past the one 1st. I’d probably say:
1. Raiders
2. Chargers
3. Dallas (not sure Jerry will want to send the picks if they have a winning record, that said their schedule is fairly “easy” which might go against McCarthy).
4. No doubt there’ll be a surprise team who’ll enter.

Those top 5-10 Jets and Raiders picks would be nice. I’d hope it’s one of them.

It’d take another quick playoff exit for the Cowboys to consider Payton. They’re looking like a 12-5 team or better with McCarthy & Quinn. McCarthy’s safe if he can win a playoff game.

If the Raiders lose today then their season is as good as over. Considering the expectations and hype around them I could absolutely see McDaniels going one and done. We could do with 3+ teams interested to drive the price up past the one 1st. I’d probably say:
1. Raiders
2. Chargers
3. Dallas (not sure Jerry will want to send the picks if they have a winning record, that said their schedule is fairly “easy” which might go against McCarthy).
Since Tua is out for a while, would Miami try a second (well offically first time) for Payton?

I’ve seen a few people say that we hold the rights to Payton in perpetuity, so the date his contract expires isn’t relevant unless he comes back to us (clearly not happening). Does anyone know if that’s true? Would drive the price up massively.

I'm going to say Chargers. They are the team that really needs a quality HC to put them over the top.

Since 2006 they have been blessed with great rosters but not good coaching to get the most of it.

a team like LAC should not have trouble getting by a bad Houston team and they got absolutely embarrassed by an up and coming Jax team

1. Raiders
2. Chargers
And here’s another possible surprise team.
The New England Patriots. It’s possible if BB has another losing season in the Patriots Post Brady Era, I can see Kraft making a run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom