How is the Sean Payton sweepstakes looking so far? (1 Viewer)

You may be right about the compensation, we will not hold Sean for ransom. Not the Saints style. I do think Jerry has panted himself into a corner and needs a big splash coach like Sean.

His coach is 3-1 and has the backup QB playing. Why does Jerry need to fire him?

Didn’t Payton give a list of teams he would go to? Like the Chargers, Cowboys, and Dolphins.

I don’t think so. That sounds like what Russell Wilson did last year. The last time Payton was on sports talk he wouldn’t rule out any teams. Not even the falcons.

Saints: 1-3

We can dream, right?

If the Saints keep stinking it up this season, with Payton still under contract, and considering his good relationship with the organization, if he wants to coach again next year, why not?

If the Saints keep stinking it up this season, with Payton still under contract, and considering his good relationship with the organization, if he wants to coach again next year, why not?
Another Payton run would feel too much like a nostalgia tour
Like Gibbs 2.0.

So could we get a first round pick for Sean Payton? Just curious, since we traded our next year's first round to the Eagles. If we could recoup that first round pick, maybe could get a QB. That is if there are any good ones available.

So could we get a first round pick for Sean Payton? Just curious, since we traded our next year's first round to the Eagles. If we could recoup that first round pick, maybe could get a QB. That is if there are any good ones available.
I would be shocked if the Saints get a 1 for Payton. Gut feeling is that the organization isn’t willing to play hardball. Hope I am wrong.

To me it would just feel like everything is right with the world
But at some point, this franchise will have to function without Payton.
And a Payton 2.0 is no guarantee. Brees isn’t here.

My money is all on the Chargers. Team, location & situation are all much better than any other team out there right now. Part of me wants to believe that Payton & Loomis already had an agreement that we'd get a 1st for his rights and that's why it was so easy for us to trade our 1st next year, but I think that's wishful. I think, at best, we'll get a 2nd.

Denver has to be a dark horse here. New ownership that can't be pleased with the direction this team is headed with their new franchise QB. Russ ain't getting younger. I see them making a splash

I think Cowboys go Dan Quinn if they don’t want McCarthy for whatever reason. He’s turned around their defense and has gone to a SB as head coach himself. Plus Jerry talked Quinn into staying when he had an opportunity to be head coach for Denver this past offseason.
I think Quinn will be HC in CAR next year if McCarthy can lead the Cowboys to the post season, and past the first round of the playoffs.

As for Payton, Reid could retire and open up the door for Payton to coach KC. He’s familiar with Spags and wanted Mahomes in the draft several years ago. He could lead them to another SB win or two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom