Analysis How Jarvis Landry’s conversations with Jameis Winston helped lead the receiver to the Saints (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1652769404354.png

by Nick Underhill | neworleans.football

Jameis Winston didn’t go into sales mode because all he had to do was tell his truth.

When Jarvis Landry and Winston spoke this offseason, the wide receiver listened to the Saints’ quarterback as he explained how the team operates and the culture in place. Winston couldn’t say enough good things about the coaching staff. All of this was what Landry wanted to hear.

“I want to walk into a situation where the culture is set, walk into a situation where everybody’s working on one accord,” Landry said. “That’s something that’s very important to me at this stage in my career.”

After their first conversation, Landry wanted to keep talking. So, they talked more about the dynamics of the receiver room and how Landry would fit into the mix. The wide receiver became convinced that he would have opportunities to make plays and that he shared a vision with Winston on how that was going to happen.

“He’s gonna throw, and he’s gonna make plays, and he’s gonna trust his guys to make plays for him,” Landry said. “And as a receiver, that’s all you need, that’s all you want.” ...

Full Story - neworleans.football

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom