How long before a Jones/Parcells showdown? (2 Viewers)

BIGPOPPA

Goodell BLOWS!!!!!
Reaction score
With Jerry Jones coming out and publicly backing Bledsoe and saying that it is a mistake to start Romo...how long do you think Parcells puts up with it? Would he walk away or would Jones have the jewels to fire him or does Tuna cave to Jones' demands?

parcells is going to choke him on camera

I know we have plenty of bad things to say about Benson but has he ever voice an opinion like that? Even during the whole Brooks/Delhomme battle?

parcells is going to choke him on camera

Man, I wish! Jerry Jones needs to coach the team. He never stays out of the coaches business. Now, some can say that, he's the owner so he it IS his business, but that's what he hired Parcells for. I can't stand Jones!

jones needs to try coaching for a period of time so he can learn to stay out of the on the feild stuff -

cant recall if ive ever heard of an owner bringing in a player the coach may not have wanted (T.O) the openly say the coach's choice of qb's is a "step backward" - especially a coach of the tuna's level

if jones doesnt be careful he will be in the same situation as the radiers, having a hard time finding a coach - wonder what camp and\or switzer is doing next season lol

I might get something thrown at me for saying this, but I actually think Jones is saying something valid. The man is very passionate about his team and wants a winning product placed on the field. IMO, there is no doubt that Bledsoe gives them a better oppurtunity to when now. The window for that team to be successful is growing smaller each day. Many of their key players are getting up in age and starting over with basically a rookie qb lessens their chances.

He also gave props to Nawlins.

I might get something thrown at me for saying this, but I actually think Jones is saying something valid. The man is very passionate about his team and wants a winning product placed on the field. IMO, there is no doubt that Bledsoe gives them a better oppurtunity to when now. The window for that team to be successful is growing smaller each day. Many of their key players are getting up in age and starting over with basically a rookie qb lessens their chances.

He also gave props to Nawlins.

You have a good point. It's just that making statements like that in a press conference are very surprising in my opinion. I am sure he has made statements like that to Parcells before but that was behind closed doors. Jones essencially threw Parcells under the bus with that comment.

I didn't read it that Jerry was backing Bledsoe. Jerry considers the situation a "set back" because they(he and Bill) felt they had a playoff caliber team over the summer. Now 6 games into the season, they are making a QB change to a guy that has almost no NFL experience. Jerry knows that Bledsoe is not the answer, but he knows Bledsoe gives him the best shot at the postseason. Bill is hoping that Romo can inject some energy into the offense and not suck too bad. What I get from Jerry is that Bledsoe is the lesser of 2 evils. But Jerry only has himself to blame for this QB mess. He's had 9 different starters since Troy retired. Each one was proclaimed the next great thing.

Tuna salad for real. I almost feel sorry for him. Sometimes he looks so angry, poor thing is going to explode one day. ::hee::

very true. All personel matters should be held behind closed doors, but as past history shows, Jerry doesn't hide his feelings. I also think Jerry made those comments to throw blame off of himself. If Romo struggles and the team fails to have any success, he can say "I told you so." If Romo flourishes and the team rallied behind him, ole Jerry can say, "that's why I let Bill make the decisions." Very cunning and savy, IMO. You don't get to Jerry Jones status by being stupid.

shortly after halftime they interveiwed jones and he said putting in Romo was what was best for the team cause Drew had interceptions and wasnt able to get away from the rush. So for him to say that after the fact is just 2 faced imo. If the cowboys would have won he would took the credit also.

I really think Parcell's will rethink this decision after Carolina's pass rush forces Romo to throw another 3 picks. With that said, how will Bledsoe react after being benched in favor of a rookie? Things could get ugly in big D..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom