How long until they find LAUREAN... (1 Viewer)

Interesting concepts guys...

I don;t think that they'll find him before the weekend though, Because he's already done a good amount of hiding and running. Now I know that they arn't giving away any leads, but so far to my knowledge, his last known whereabouts was a Bus from Shreveport to texas... That's kind of weak there in itself.

While I do agree that he is mentally unstable, I think it's gonna come down to a gun battle... Unless they find him sleeping.

It will be interesting how this pans out, but I am amazed that he has been able to evade folks this long.

and BTW Devildog.. You ever hear this phrase? "All the way from Forney Tx, where life is but a dream." - Amy B. - FM 96.9

I can't say that I've heard the phrase. Pretty cool, though.:9:

Now there's an article on the military.com site that says the family of the slain Marine is questioning why there was a slow sense of urgency investigating the crime and who did it. Not for me to say one way or the other but you've got to feel for the family. Now it looks as though he may get away with it. I wish I could get him in my sights. He'd be a goner.

...It will be interesting how this pans out, but I am amazed that he has been able to evade folks this long.
He really hasn't been on the run that long. He took off, what, last Friday?

Even without military training, if you want to "disappear" from society it's not that hard. Look at the "Runaway Bride." She was able to evade authorities for 3 days despite the nationwide media attention and law enforcement resources devoted to her search. The only reason she was found was because she wanted to be and basically turned herself in.

Apparently, he and his wife spoke with an attorney the day before he took off.

According to the police affidavit, Laurean and his wife, Christina, also a Marine, met with an attorney in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on January 9. The lawyer told Laurean he could be looking at the death penalty

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/17/missing.marine/index.html

Last edited:
Still Running, and no new leads to my knowledge.

Joe

once into mexico, if smart, he will continue south and get into a country without extradition laws...

Fugitive Marine spotted in Mexico, cousin says

ZAPOPAN, Mexico (CNN) -- A cousin of a man sought in the killing of a fellow Marine in North Carolina said Tuesday that he saw the suspect near Guadalajara, Mexico, a week ago.

Juan Antonio Ramos Ramirez told CNN he did not know at the time of Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean's visit to his liquor store in Zapopan that authorities were seeking his cousin on murder charges.

Asked what his cousin had told him, Ramos said, "Just 'Hi, I'm just passing by.' "

"He told me he was here with some buddies for a few days and, you know, it's not the first time he's come by to visit, say hi to the family," Ramos said.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/22/missing.marine/index.html

They can't seek the death penalty now.... Mexico wont allow us to extradite him unless we promise to drop the death penalty sentance.

This guy is still on the loose right?

Joe

Good Deal...

3 1/2 Months... But they got him.

Joe

Are there applicable extradition laws? How much trouble will it be to get him here and exact justice?

Are there applicable extradition laws? How much trouble will it be to get him here and exact justice?

According to the article, they'll extradite him but, as part of the extradition treaty with Mexico (for everyone, not just him), prosecutors can't seek the death penalty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom