How long will butler be out...ACL information (1 Viewer)

asargangle

Seasoned
Reaction score
The Torn ACL: A Comprehensive Analysis - Baltimore Beat Down

Due to the many variations of the ACL tear, it is quite uncertain to say how long the recovery period is. In some cases, a player will be back in action within a year (see Adrian Peterson) and in others the athlete will be out for a much longer period of time (again, see Derrick Rose). On average, however, a successful recovery from a torn ACL takes anywhere from four to six months with a successful rehabilitation and exercise program.

He won't return this season. Almost every tear to the ACL is a season ending injury. It's terrible that it happened this early, but at least we will go into the season knowing he won't be here. It will give everyone else some more snaps and much needed experience

Suggs came back from a torn Achilles thats worst than a ACL. It`s early if Butler believes he can come back from injury and be on the field this year it`s possible.

Out for season....man i hate that for him. He was finally about to brake out.

Suggs came back from a torn Achilles thats worst than a ACL. It`s early if Butler believes he can come back from injury and be on the field this year it`s possible.

Its extremely rare. Many things have to happen for that to be the case.

Not saying Butler cant, especially if he is a fast healer, and other things are not as bad as they seem.

We will see.

Curious as to how his cap number will affect us. If an individual is put on IR before training camp starts, does his salary still count against the cap?

Even if there was a sliver of a chance he could be back by playoff time, how effective would he be? So yeah, he'll end up on IR.

Ain't happenin' bruh. Adrian Peterson has set the bar pretty high... but he's an alien.

The ruptures Achilles (I tore mine back in '06) is "worse" yes, but the knee will take longer to heal and rehab it to where its strong enough for what these guys do.

Curious as to how his cap number will affect us. If an individual is put on IR before training camp starts, does his salary still count against the cap?

Yes. All payments to all players regardless of their status count against the cap during the season. That even includes practice squad guys. The top 51 rule only applies during the of season.

Even if Butler could make it back late in the regular season (which is highly doubtful) I don't think the Saints can afford to keep a roster spot open for him. Thus, IR is the only logical way to go.

Dang it!!!! That really sucks for our Defense, I was really looking forward to seeing Butler break out as a play maker for our new defense!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom