How many draft picks do we have next year? (3 Viewers)

O MAN

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We traded rb, lt, wr, etc for draft choices in '07. Does anyone have the current number of additional picks next year?

well, we have an extra 3rd and 4th. and we should have some nice compensatory selections with the loss of Howard and Bentley. I'm not sure how much the signing of Brees will offset that.

well, we have an extra 3rd and 4th. and we should have some nice compensatory selections with the loss of Howard and Bentley. I'm not sure how much the signing of Brees will offset that.

We won't ge jack for Howard and Bentley since we signed Brees and Fujita. Also, Bentley isnt even playing

We don't get an extra 3rd unless Philly decides to resign Stallworth, which at this point seems very unlikely. So it looks like a full draft + 2 extra 4ths. But hey if we can get 2 more Jahri Evans type players I'm Ok with that.

im just excited that we have ALL our draft picks in each round next year with an extra there and elsewhere. plus maybe well get lucky with a comp pick....

i mean look at the class, payton drafted this year...imagine if we follow the same belief (character, hard-working, smart players etc) as last draft and get the production we are getting now?? we are going to be loaded next year at maybe every position.

I know it's fun to look ahead and get prepared for next year, but isn't it great that we are in the playoff hunt and not wanting our Saints to lose a game or three down the stretch to better our draft position. Here's to having the 32nd pick in the first round!

Ours:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
No 7th (Traded our 7th for Shanle)

Others:
4th (from KC for Bennett)
4th (from Philly can a 3rd if Donte is resigned)

If I'm wrong please correct

Ours:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
No 7th (Traded our 7th for Shanle)

Others:
4th (from KC for Bennett)
4th (from Philly can a 3rd if Donte is resigned)

If I'm wrong please correct

All that looks correct, except I think we got some late round undisclosed pick when we traded Gandy (maybe a 7th).

BTW, the Saints used a compensatory pick to draft Colston though it wasn't one the Saints actually "earned" by losing players.

I'm pretty hopeful the Saints will get an additional pick next year. The biggest acquisitions were Brees and Fujita (4 years, $12 million) but NO lost Bentley (highest paid C in NFL history), Howard (6 years, $30 million) and Fakhir Brown (5 years, $12 million).

BTW, the Saints used a compensatory pick to draft Colston though it wasn't one the Saints actually "earned" by losing players.

I'm pretty hopeful the Saints will get an additional pick next year. The biggest acquisitions were Brees and Fujita (4 years, $12 million) but NO lost Bentley (highest paid C in NFL history), Howard (6 years, $30 million) and Fakhir Brown (5 years, $12 million).

Well part of the equation is performance and post-season honors...Bentley won't help at all in those areas....but hopefully we can get an extra pick.

I would be surprised if the Eagles didn't resign Stallworth. I'm pretty much counting on that one being a 3rd rounder for us.

I don't see why they wouldn't resign him.

In their eyes hes the next beast at WR when healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom