How many more drives will SP tank with cuteness tonight? (1 Viewer)

How many?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I say 2 more but, honestly, as many as 4 wouldn't really surprise me at this point.

Well, I think that's 2 already now. I'd like to be correct but it's lookin like he thinks he can get a PB tonight.

And a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 10. That's 3. At this point, I'm expecting cute endings to every possession for the rest of the night. Payton is putting on one of his finest performances ever.

Passing to a receiver 5 yards behind the sticks on 3rd down. That's 4 now.

It's a disease he has along with that stupid, idiotic "trout look" he does with his mouth occasionally to show to his detractors that even if his calls are cute and didnt work this time, he doesnt care if you hate or despise him for it, he'll do it again and again if a similar situation arises. How many times have I wanted to punch that MFer whenever I see that smug look on the sideline?

It's like a very intelligent, articulate maybe borderline genius at a Ivy League school that's smarter than most but not as much as he believes he is due to his arrogance and cockiness. More humility and a better recognition of his shortcomings would make him a much better, more tolerable and easy person to be around or work with.

But he can't help it somehow. He thinks that egotism and arrogant elitism gives him this edge that makes him unique, different and unorthodox even if he's aware it'll cause problems or piss people off and he risks losing big time sometimes.

Simply put, he can't get out of his own way and no matter how much he succeeds or wins in life, he never realizes that he could've won or accomplished more if he been more humble, easier to work with, or less impulsive or rash in his decision-making.
He imagines certain things or plays turning out differently in his mind then how they probably will in reality.

That's Sean Payton to a large extent.

Did it feel a little bit embarrassing talking to yourself most of the night, considering the overall outcome was a win?

If not, it probably should have.

Why would I care what someone who's using hindsight is 20/20 as the basis of their sheet talking thinks?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom