How many more years will Drew Brees Play? (1 Viewer)

Drew can play longer than the average QB. He doesn't get hit much and he doesn't rely on something he'll lose. When Drews done, it will be because he doesn't have the heart for the game anymore, not because he can't play up to the level he needs to.

Drew is a very motivated, very heady player who is intense about the game. He also takes great care of himself in the offseason, trains hard, is into nutrition and doesn't take many hits. That, combined with his love of the game, points to a longer than average career, barring injury. Brunell still looks pretty good at 39. I'm guessing Drew could easily play eight more seasons after this one as a high level starter.

as awesome as Drew is, I would be perfectly fine to keep him as starter as long as he wants regardless of skill... If he's 60 and still wants to play and can only hand the ball off or do 5 yard tosses, he has earned that right.

Drew can play longer than the average QB. He doesn't get hit much and he doesn't rely on something he'll lose. When Drews done, it will be because he doesn't have the heart for the game anymore, not because he can't play up to the level he needs to.
Not to mention he doesnt rely on arm strength, he relies on precision.

So not only does he not get hit a lot, but his arm doesnt suffer from as much wear and tear. I think he can play GOOD football into his late 30s.

At which point he breaks the all time Yardage and TD records.

Don't ever question Drew's heart. Ever!

ha_thumbsdn.gif
ha_thumbsdn.gif
ha_thumbsdn.gif
ha_thumbsdn.gif
ha_thumbsdn.gif

Farve, Warner, Testaverde, Flutie, bledsoe, Montana, Marino, etc.....all have played past 35, why do people think Brees will not play as long as these guys. He is set up to throw for more than 4000yds for the next 5 seasons

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom