Question How many of y’all help with household chores? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
For all of us who are married or in committed relationships, playing house etc:

How many help with chores around the house? Dishes, laundry, sweeping mopping etc. Obviously for those of us who don’t currently employ a maid service.

During my recovery I’ve been relegated to house hubby and I handle all household duties while I’m recovering.
Having said that, even when I’m working full time (always when not down with surgeries) I still do half the chores when we don’t have a maid service.

How about you fellas, do y’all help around the house?

My girl doesn't work and she does everything at the house. It's great. In a relationship it works much better and is less stressful when my woman is doing things at the house, can relax, and I make all the money. She can also rear and take care of the children. No need for me to do any of that stuff, not my role.

Happy Wife = Happy Life.

Now when it comes to outside things, repairing and fixing, and carrying heavy loads....this is my role and my job as a man. A woman shouldn't be doing this stuff, she is much physically weaker. We don't need to stress them out more than they already are.

:hm:

Personally, I do some of the household chores, and take care of my son. I don't see it as helping, it's my house, my son, and my job just as much as it is my wife's.

That’s how I see it too. Always have. Even during my first marriage, my wife didn’t have to work, I put her thru school still helped with our kids and helped around the house. After long work days or nights. I’ve never believed in gender defined roles other than it is my responsibility to at least help (provided all in first marriage, my second wife makes a lot of money and likes to work) to provide and help equally with household stuff. Also to protect.

My girl doesn't work and she does everything at the house. It's great. In a relationship it works much better and is less stressful when my woman is doing things at the house, can relax, and I make all the money. She can also rear and take care of the children. No need for me to do any of that stuff, not my role.

Happy Wife = Happy Life.

Now when it comes to outside things, repairing and fixing, and carrying heavy loads....this is my role and my job as a man. A woman shouldn't be doing this stuff, she is much physically weaker. We don't need to stress them out more than they already are.
Do you live in a cave?

Happy Wife = Happy Life.

If that isn’t a troll post then I’d have to ask if you reside somewhere in the Middle East. ?

Heck I won’t even let my wife make my plate, as I can do that just fine myself and she isn’t my servant. To each their own though if that’s your true philosophy.

After my first marriage where she didn’t work and I handled everything, every woman I’ve been with since makes well over 6 figures....meaning more than I make. That also doesn’t bother me. I’ve heard that one gets to a lot of men. Lol.

If that isn’t a troll post then I’d have to ask if you reside somewhere in the Middle East. ?

Heck I won’t even let my wife make my plate, as I can do that just fine myself and she isn’t my servant. To each their own though if that’s your true philosophy.

After my first marriage where she didn’t work and I handled everything, every woman I’ve been with since makes well over 6 figures....meaning more than I make. That also doesn’t bother me. I’ve heard that one gets to a lot of men. Lol.

No, I don't live in the middle east. A woman serving you a plate doesn't mean she is your servant, just as me fixing her car or carrying her groceries doesn't make me her servant either.

We have an epidemic in the Western World where parents aren't spending enough time with their children, both working to make more and more money. For what reason? We have limited amounts of time on this earth, and our children learn the most in their younger years. It is best if at least one parent can spend more quality time with the children. Better if both :)

Last edited:
:hm:

Personally, I do some of the household chores, and take care of my son. I don't see it as helping, it's my house, my son, and my job just as much as it is my wife's.

If my answer bothers you I recommend you step outside and realize not every man is the same, nor built the same.

When my wife or girlfriend is happy she will do more for me without asking, and more for our family as she is happier.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Last edited:
I do all the chores except laundry (I’d do that too but she likes doing laundry)
She does all the bills& managing kids schedule et al

I do most breakfasts and lunch
We’ll split dinners

My parents modeled a very egalitarian house, so it’s natural to me
And I certainly never had a gf complain that I was willing to do my share

When my wife or girlfriend is happy she will do more for me without asking, and more for our family as she is happier.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Are you saying you have both a wife AND girlfriend???? Or are you hypothetically saying that WHEN you have a wife or a girlfriend they're going to love being your stay-at-home, pumping out children, sandwich maker? I'm seriously confused.

Oh and "Happy wife = Happy" life is not what you're describing. What you're describing is "Happy Life = Happy Wife." There's a difference. The latter displays an incredible lack of awareness. It assumes that a woman who does not have a career and stays home taking care of all the household chores and children makes for a happy life and will thus make her happy. "Happy wife = Happy life" actually means that whatever a wife desires will make her spouse's life happy when he/she helps her realize her wants and needs. Since you're not a wife, you can't define the terms of what makes one happy.

Last edited:
Are you saying you have both a wife AND girlfriend???? Or are you hypothetically saying that WHEN you have a wife or a girlfriend they're going to love being your stay-at-home, pumping out children, sandwich maker?

You find out who you are marrying before you marry them. A woman who is a wild horse or doesn't want to be the role of a woman, why would I marry her? Why would I marry a woman who is more like a man? Doesn't make any sense for me. In that case it would make more sense to go have date around and have sex.

Anyways, back to the topic.

Woman does the chores for me. I give her everything else, including good and passionate sex, security, protection, financial and emotional stability, physical labor, and advice.

You find out who you are marrying before you marry them. A woman who is a wild horse or doesn't want to be the role of a woman, why would I marry her? Why would I marry a woman who is more like a man? Doesn't make any sense for me. In that case it would make more sense to go have date around and have sex.

Anyways, back to the topic.

Woman does the chores for me. I give her everything else, including good and passionate sex, security, protection, financial and emotional stability, physical labor, and advice.

Thanks for responding. So hypothetical woman it is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom