How many of you believe Brees's going to break 50 TD season record this season? (1 Viewer)

It depends on whether the Saints are competing for the division title all the way until the final week.

If they run away with the division, Brees will rest in week 16 and will have no shot at it.

If they are in a tight race for the division title or a wild card and he has to play through every game, he might do it. Everything would have to set up perfectly, and the defense would have to give up just enough points for the Saints to keep throwing into the fourth quarter.

not being funny or anything, but weren't the pats 15-0 when they played their last game against the giants. isn't that the game brady got the record?

why did he keep playing? was there another team that year that wouldve held a tie breaker at 15-1?

I say he can get to 40 but 50 may never be achieved ever again. As bad as it pains me to say it Brady was the best ever that season.

Brady was sensational that season, but there were many games (particularly early in the season) where the Patriots were comfortably ahead in the 4th quarter and still had their foot on the pedal throwing deep. Peyton Manning had one less touchdown the year he threw 49 but I think if you went back and looked at it game by game he left a more touchdowns on the field than Brady did because the Colts weren't running up the score.

And by that same thought process, Drew could have scored a few more times the last 2 weeks but didn't because the game was already out of hand. I'd love for Drew to break the record as much as the next guy, but if we're winning late I'd rather not risk an injury to him by having him throwing bombs when its not necessary.

not being funny or anything, but weren't the pats 15-0 when they played their last game against the giants. isn't that the game brady got the record?

why did he keep playing? was there another team that year that wouldve held a tie breaker at 15-1?

No, they had the #1 seed locked up and the Giants had the #6 seed locked. It was a completely meaningless game which both teams played their hearts out to go into the post season with momentum.

Pats were playing for the 16-0 record. The Giants were just trying to stop them. That was a hell of a game.

Call me crazy but with the Saints Offense and good enough defense that creates turnovers he will get more chances than last year. This defense will give him the ball more often.
52 TDs
5100 yards.

1 - Saints are not cheaters like the Patriots were.
2 - Drew wants a super bowl ring, not a record.

So answer is: No.

It would be cool if his passer rating stayed above 120 like it is right now

Pats were playing for the 16-0 record. The Giants were just trying to stop them. That was a hell of a game.

I agree. The cool thing about that game was the Giants had decided they were only going to play their starters the first half then rest them for the playoffs. Things got chippy between them and the Patriots in the 1st half and at halftime the team collectively decided "Screw laying down. We want to be the ones to beat these guys" and came out and played an inspired 2nd half when it really didn't appear to be in their best interest to do so.

They didn't win the game, but it was a galvanizing moment for a football team that had been pretty pedestrian up till that point. The Giants carried that momentum into the playoffs and when they met the Pats in the Super Bowl they had the confidence to say "Forget their record; we know we can beat these guys."

I truly believe that if the Giants had sat out the second half there's no way they win the Super Bowl that year. Tom Coughlin probably gets fired, Eli Manning gets racked through the coals (again) and odds are it negatively effects the next couple of years. Instead they're a premier football team and it can all be traced back to that one "meaningless" week 17 game.

anything is possible with St. Brees

mm5x94.jpg

Brady was sensational that season, but there were many games (particularly early in the season) where the Patriots were comfortably ahead in the 4th quarter and still had their foot on the pedal throwing deep. Peyton Manning had one less touchdown the year he threw 49 but I think if you went back and looked at it game by game he left a more touchdowns on the field than Brady did because the Colts weren't running up the score.

And by that same thought process, Drew could have scored a few more times the last 2 weeks but didn't because the game was already out of hand. I'd love for Drew to break the record as much as the next guy, but if we're winning late I'd rather not risk an injury to him by having him throwing bombs when its not necessary.

Manning was definitely better in the season he threw for 49. Not only was it more impressive because he didn't dink and donk his way to the record, but he also didn't play much in the final game of the season, where I think he only played 2 series. And the Colts never ran up the score. I recall numerous games where the Pats where up by 20+ points and still throwing in the 4th quarter with Brady. He could have easily extended the mark to 50+, but Dungy and Manning are classy guys, can't same for Brady and Belichick.

50 is possible but might not be likely. When manning and Brady threw for there record TDs, there teams could not run at the goal line. we did pretty good at that today. If we keep running well i think when have a good chance of going for the scoring record on a season. 50 TDs by brees will depend on how we score.

Let's see...14 games left at an average of 3 TD passes per game is 42 plus the 9 already is 51. I think he will do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom