How many of you guys here will be watching Wrestlemania 24 (1 Viewer)

Reggie Bush's girlfriend will be the guest ring announcer and the number of tickets sold are near 70,000 so what ever happens the festivities will be huge this week as the week leading to the big event comes up.

Little FWIW, the WWe make break the Citrus Bowl all time record of fans which lies at 74,000 fans for a football game. Keep in mind the Ford Field WM had a all time facility record of 80,000+ people making it close to the indoor attendance record set in 1987 with WMIII.

so the stakes are huge for this year's event and I hope you guys enjoy it.

What is the card? Wrestling blows these days, There is to much MMA going on for people to really give a turd about wrestling anymore. Just seems to me as more time passes they will have less and less fans. Alot the hardcore fans, like me have become casual fans and only check it out every once in a while. MMA is killing wrestling.

What is the card? Wrestling blows these days, There is to much MMA going on for people to really give a turd about wrestling anymore. Just seems to me as more time passes they will have less and less fans. Alot the hardcore fans, like me have become casual fans and only check it out every once in a while. MMA is killing wrestling.

I watch both and dont feel any conflict in doing so. One is an actual sporting event (which caused my last cable bill to be over 400 bucks :covri:) while the other is a scripted action/drama/comedy/etc played out as a sporting event and is no different to me than watching any other scripted show like Lost or 24.

I would agree that wrestling aint what it used to be though, but not because of the rise of MMA. I blame it on terrible writing and the over use of characters that I and many others cant stand.

WWE Title
Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. JohnCena
World Title
Undertaker vs. Edge
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Mr. Kennedy vs. Carlito vs. Chris Jericho vs. MVP vs. John Morrisson
Flairs last match
Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair

Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show

I watch both and dont feel any conflict in doing so. One is an actual sporting event (which caused my last cable bill to be over 400 bucks :covri:) while the other is a scripted action/drama/comedy/etc played out as a sporting event and is no different to me than watching any other scripted show like Lost or 24.

totally understandable. That used to be my excuse too. I've just given up because it the same repeat story lines over and over. Everyone I used to watch every PPV WCW/ECW/WWF have just grown out of watching it. One major contributor is MMA seconded by tired old story lines. What really killed me was watching John Cena go from Jobber at house shows to being ganstafied hipster with a spinning title belt.

WWE Title
Triple H vs. Randy Orton vs. JohnCena
World Title
Undertaker vs. Edge
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Mr. Kennedy vs. Carlito vs. Chris Jericho vs. MVP vs. John Morrisson
Flairs last match
Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair

Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show

only 5 matches? BOOOOO. and I am actually planning to got o Hooters and watch this with the only person I know that still watches religiously.

One major contributor is MMA seconded by tired old story lines. What really killed me was watching John Cena go from Jobber at house shows to being ganstafied hipster with a spinning title belt.

Yeah, read the second part of my post that I added after the part you quoted. :hihi:

only 5 matches? BOOOOO. and I am actually planning to got o Hooters and watch this with the only person I know that still watches religiously.

OOmanga (Umaga) vs. Batista

Finlay vs. JBL

Marie and Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina

Everyone not on the card will be in a 24 man battle royal for a shot at Chavo Guerrero for the ECW title
forgot those matchs

Here is teh whole show in 4 minutes if you care.

<div><object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4wove&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x4wove&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4wove_wrestle-mania-xxiv-highlights_sport">Wrestle Mania XXIV Highlights</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/sports_champ">sports_champ</a></i></div>

The fireworks that fell into the crowd injuring +/- 40 were also fake. :17:

TPS

That's funny. Didn't hear about that one. I'm guessing the patrons were all drunk anyway so they thought it was part of the show. What.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom