Saints How many of you played or coached football (High School, College or Pro)? (1 Viewer)

No I played for the Norwich Devils. Now I think of it, he went to Ipswich the year after & then to the PA Knights after that, would have been 2002 when he played for Norwich. Who did you play for?
Yeah, makes sense. I would have probably seen him in 2004 playing for Bristol Aztecs. Chances are I played one or two games against Norwich around the same time, I remember the home team players putting up the posts on game day while we warmed up!

I played Bristol (Aztecs), also coached one local university team (UWE), founded and ran the other (University of Bristol), and later coached the second Bristol adult team (Apache).

Played Jr & Sr year in HS for Oakdale. JV Def Cpt., Var Co-Def Cpt.

Starting LS, backup OL at all positions, backup DL at all positions, starting NG & MLB. Started kickoff, kick return, punt, & punt return teams as well. Old Iron man ball. šŸ˜†

Sr year we had Oakdale's first winning season in 25yrs! We went 8-8 šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Also red shirt-ed a summer camp at La Tech before Basic Training, but my knee just wasn't the same after an injury at Sr Homecoming game in HS.

Skip to 50, off work to have my "first" knee scope to reattach cartilage to bone. Fun times šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Still miss it šŸ˜Ŗ

Played high school in Colorado Springs. Defensive End primarily. Wasnā€™t a starter. Varsity my junior and senior year. We won the league my senior year but got bounced first round of the playoffs. Wish I had committed more to it but it was still a great experience that taught me a lot of strength and resiliency.

Played high school at EJ late 80s, early 90s. Various coaching stints at high schools(Capital HS in Boise, Vicksburg HS, N. Desoto HS in Desoto Parish, Huntington HS Southwood HS and Evangel in Shreveport) and colleges(Northwestern St in Natchitoches and Washington State).

Play Pop Warner from age 9 through 14, to Small for high school ball so I got on the soccer team at Bonable and we were pretty good all the way to state championship against East Jefferson, PlayEd our championship game inside the dome, And won. Join the Navy in 77 and when I reported to my duty station in San Francisco my ship had a football team, Iā€™m talking pads and helmets the real thing and we would schedule games against other ships. But the game that stands out for me the most is when we scheduled a football game against the prisoners and San Quinton prison, this was probably the most surreal experience Iā€™ve ever had. When we walked in through the courtyard I noticed the machine gun tariffs on each corner and then we had to walk into the gym to get to the dressing rooms and everywhere you looked all you saw was weightlifters and Iā€™m telling you there wasnā€™t a small guy in the bunch and you can just imagine what their football team look like. They were about 38 players on the Navy team,And the morning of the game only 18 of us showed up so Yours truly had to play offense and defense, and sometimes special-teams. We got creamed.

I played for a year when I was 11. Team even got to play in the Dome.
But I've coached middle school (6-8 grade) for the past 10 years or so. We run a scaled down version of what our high school runs on offense. QB only takes snaps in the Pistol and we run a modified RPO. This was the first year we had a QB that could truly "read" the defense and make the RPO decision by watching the DE. Pretty impressive for a 7th grader. Luckily he was a big Saints fan so I told him to really pay attention when Taysom was in and see if he thought he made the right call. We had great football discussions on Mondays when we got back to school.

I went to a small high school that had a great basketball team, but no football team. It made me a fan of basketball, which I enjoy to this day, but football has always been my favorite sport. I would have certainly tried to play if it would have been available.

lmao - Yes, in our days, the high school coaches treated concussions like a stinger and the minute you could count 3-fingers, you were back in. At least that was the way it was in basketball and baseball.

I was pitching in a game and got beamed by a laser shot like drive. The coaches came out and talked to me. I knew my name so he gave me the ball back to continue pitching. I still don't remember the last few innings. I know we won that game and we didn't win many so I guess the story is that I pitched better when I was freakin clueless -lol
My coach would cheer and whack us on the helmet and tell us that's the way to play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom