How many of you thought officials would reverse the OPI on Evans?? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Fox's crew of Brenneman and Spielman were getting on my nerves the entire game!!! And the one time where their bias for the Bucs took the cake was when they swore that the Offensive Pass Interference called on Mike Evans was bogus and should be overturned. They even got Mike Pierrera on it. I'm watching the game like "If they reverse that something in the house is getting broken" Thank GOD it didn't come to that.

Brenneman was clearly biased. He keep getting it wrong when something good would happen for the Saints. Ex. When he said the wr didn’t make the catch so it wasn’t a fumble on the DD interception. It was an int you idiot. There were several others throughout the game just like that one. But I thought Spielman was fair.

I thought it was a questionable call. In my gut I don’t think it was a penalty but I could be swayed by a good argument.

That said, once the flag was thrown, there was next to zero percent chance they were going to overturn it given how they have officiated PI replays.

I thought it was a bad call to be honest. I don't care even if it was beyond one yard there was very little contact. What if that was called on Michael Thomas how would you feel?

Agree with this, however:

1. We were getting killed all game by untimely bad calls (and I thought last week's penalties were fair)

2. The league has cracked down big-time on OPI and pushing off.

So, I'll take it.

The announcers were looking at the same screen we were. The blue line was incorrect. The CB's feet were in front of the blue line at the snap which obviously means that the it was at least 1 yard off and maybe as much as 2 yards. The TV doesn't always place the line of scrimmage correctly once the teams are lined up and they can't see the ball. I'm sure that the TB booth coach also saw the same replay and assumed the LOS was correct as well. The side judge had no incorrect blue line and was actually able to see how far Mike Evans moved from the snap until he made the shove.

Oh, and another Brenneman BS call was when Drew jumped over the line on 4th down and he thought the ball should be placed where Drew was finally down. I guess he has never heard of forward progress.

Forward progress doesn't apply until you've been touched. If you voluntarily move the ball backwards then you lose the yardage.

Didn’t like the call when they made it. Didn’t like it after they upheld it. Didn’t like a a few other calls either but the Saints got the W so it’s fine for at least one more week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom