How Many Others Think Ty Montgomery will have a Surprising Impact on the Offense this Year? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I had Montgomery in FF a few years back, so I watched him a lot much - more than if not. Ty is a player that the Packers did not know how to use. Sound familiar like Taysom Hill?

Ty is a very skilled and smart WR. He's not a CGM or Julio, but he his an above average receiver. He's quite fast and has an extra gear of initial explosion to create separation. He was surprisingly a very effective RB, who if he got past the LOS created a lot of extra yards and could/did rip-off some big gains in open field; but unsurprisingly, he was not able to handle the up center runs on a steady basis. He got banged-up.

So we have this player who is a skilled WR, a skilled very fast RB, especially in one-cut offensive line schemes like we like to run at times and he has burner speed to create big plays. And, he can actually throw the ball a little.

I just think SP is dreaming of the mismatches he will create with both Kamara and Ty. Have them both in the backfield, on motion, swing Kamara to slot. Now the safeties and a LB have their attention on Kamara. CGM gets double teamed. Sanders will demand attention and Cook is a monster in the red zone and on 3rd downs. One-on-one with a LB and most safeties, with a little open field is a complete mismatch in favor of Ty. and If Kamara gets banged-up, with Ty, SP will not have to even change scheme.

Do you all think I'm drinking too much of the spiked Ty jungle juice or do you see him as a potential surprising major or at least significant piece of SP's offense this year or just a competent back-up? Thx

That year he had to switch to RB, showed me a lot about TY. It’s extremely hard to make the switch regardless, but he did it during the season. And he did a good job as well. That’s a testament to just how skilled he is. Plus, he’s crazy athletic, still young, and doesn’t have much thread on his tires. He could be another X factor with TH7. Imagine the matchup nightmares those two can cause. That’s not even mentioning the AK, MT, ES, and Cook.

I had Montgomery in FF a few years back, so I watched him a lot much - more than if not. Ty is a player that the Packers did not know how to use. Sound familiar like Taysom Hill?

Ty is a very skilled and smart WR. He's not a CGM or Julio, but he his an above average receiver. He's quite fast and has an extra gear of initial explosion to create separation. He was surprisingly a very effective RB, who if he got past the LOS created a lot of extra yards and could/did rip-off some big gains in open field; but unsurprisingly, he was not able to handle the up center runs on a steady basis. He got banged-up.

So we have this player who is a skilled WR, a skilled very fast RB, especially in one-cut offensive line schemes like we like to run at times and he has burner speed to create big plays. And, he can actually throw the ball a little.

I just think SP is dreaming of the mismatches he will create with both Kamara and Ty. Have them both in the backfield, on motion, swing Kamara to slot. Now the safeties and a LB have their attention on Kamara. CGM gets double teamed. Sanders will demand attention and Cook is a monster in the red zone and on 3rd downs. One-on-one with a LB and most safeties, with a little open field is a complete mismatch in favor of Ty. and If Kamara gets banged-up, with Ty, SP will not have to even change scheme.

Do you all think I'm drinking too much of the spiked Ty jungle juice or do you see him as a potential surprising major or at least significant piece of SP's offense this year or just a competent back-up? Thx

Yeah I absolutely agree with you 100 percent.

Ty is in good hands with Sean Payton.

I mean come on.. loon what Sean did with Cadet..

Ty is twice the player that Cadet is. New Orleans is a tweener players dream. Sean can turn you into a star

The thing is, if he sees the field a lot it means that camera and Harris got hurt. I hope that not is the case.

I expect good things. He can play the joker position, RB, and WR. He won’t get a lot of snaps but I expect them to be key downs and points. He is ripped and a veteran so I think he makes the roster

Our 4th main weapon in the passing game is up for grabs after Thomas, Sanders, Cook, & Kamara. We have Tre’Quan Smith, Deonte Harris, Bennie Fowler, Taysom Hill, Adam Trautman(not having a traditional off season may hurt his chances in his rookie year though), and Ty Montgomery as my leading candidates vying for Drew’s attention to be that 4th weapon on offense in the passing game. So I give Ty a shot to be that guy for sure due to him having more chances to get his hands on the ball in the running game and passing game. Man this offense is loaded, but some of those guys listed are based off potential than actual play we have seen on the field.

I think he’s our 3rd best receiver and our 3rd best running back. I expect him to make the team and play a lot.

He is bigger than I recall. Shifty, soft hands and runs angry, he is going to be a perfect fit for what we do on offense. I think he will be a big factor for us.

Reading this thread I just realized how loaded we truly are. This team is so loaded that a player like Ty Montgomery might not make the roster. We've come so far since the Spiller/Cadet/Lasco days. Back then I would've given my pinky for a legitimate all around weapon like Montgomery. But now I forget we even have the guy and he's not a lock to make the roster.

I think he makes the roster though. SP values versatility and few players are able to effectively contribute at RB, WR, and special teams. He could also open up a roster spot or two.

I don't have any set expectations at this point but really like that he's in the building. Thought it was a great move to bring out quality in the roster and a great fit in general. I think he could do a lot in this system but I'm not expecting him to have to.

he is one of the guys that really got hurt with a lack of preseason. I think coach will try to be creative with him and he may play heavily into a game plan at some point but there isn't the safe place to experiment this year so it won't be what it could have been.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom