Poll How many people do you know who have tested positive for COVID-19? (3 Viewers)

How many people do you know that have tested positive for COVID-19?

• Zero

Votes: 28 17.5%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 67 41.9%
  • Between 5 and 20

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • Between 20 and 50

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • More than 50

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
I've been lucky. Nobody in my family has gotten it but 3 people that I work with have gotten it. I've also gotten reports that several unnamed people in my building got it and they work at a place where I know most of the people, but I'm not certain if they are people I know. Luckily no deaths or apparent lingering effects. But two of the three I know are health fanatics.

Probably close to 50 people I personally know. It ran wild though the media in NY and 2 of my clients died (both in 60's). I had never met them but spoke with them by phone or email pretty regularly and sent them king cakes every year. Girl that used to live down the street from me growing up died, she was only 39 and healthy. I hadn't seen her in 20 years but I'm still friends with her brother who I grew up with playing soccer and baseball together. She died in April, tried to get tested twice but was sent home. Then went to the hospital with difficulty breathing and a fever, they finally tested her then sent her home. She died the next day, 8 days later her test results came back.

A handful of storm chasing friends either had it or have it now but none were serious and they area all pretty young.

2 family members, one was a brief scare but neither were particularly serious. Although, my niece there are some serious long term implications at play.

One of my dad's friends died (he still thinks it's a hoax) but I only met her once a long time ago. She was a nurse in Louisiana.

Several first responders I've done a lot of work with in the past had cases but they were all young and healthy even though 1 is still getting his arse kicked by symptoms a week after he thought he was recovered and went back to work which led to several more I knew that got it.

The guy that lives across the street has it. Not particularly fond of the guy and he's an older guy with underlying factors and his wife is a nurse. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in weeks and he normally spends a lot of time working in his yard.

My former storm chasing partner and good friend's sisters both got it. Crazy part is one is a nurse in South Carolina and the other lives in Venezuela and they both tested positive, completely unrelated on the same day in two different hemispheres. I've met the one that works in South Carolina but not the one in Venezuela. Both were in their 30's and recovered after a few days of symptoms. The one in Venezuela is stuck there due to travel restrictions and was supposed to move back to the USA in May.

Friend and colleague's brother and grandmother in Alabama both had/have it but I don't know them directly. His brother never had symptoms but his grandmother has been in the hospital for weeks. His grandmother was in a nursing home and wasn't in good shape to begin with but his brother either got it from the nursing home or brought it to the nursing home and is struggling mentally because of the thought he infected the nursing home even though it's probably the other way around.

Unfortunately, I grew up in Louisiana, live in Ms and have a lot of friends in Tx, Al and Florida. Then my work has me in contact with a lot of people in NYC. So pretty much everywhere I know a lot of people have been hit really hard and just about all of them work in high exposure jobs.

The good news, is of all the people that I know that have it or have had it, the only one that was really being cautious is my friend's grandmother in the nursing home and the nursing homes are extremely high risk places.

If you don't know some people that have had it, just give it some time. I only knew a few early on and then in the last month it seems like everyone is getting it.

If you don't know some people that have had it, just give it some time. I only knew a few early on and then in the last month it seems like everyone is getting it.
Yeah I think at this point its inevitable most people are going to get it. It seems evident the administrations plan is to let it run its course at this point. Were going to have a lot of sick and dying people, most will survive but were going to lose a lot of folks.

My brother-in-law tested positive. However, his roommate and his mother (both who were in close proximity to him for extended periods of time) tested negative multiple times.

I'm assuming they were incredibly lucky or he got a false positive.

Fewer than 5, but I also don’t keep up with many people.
My buddy and his girlfriend (I haven’t met her)
He said he was sick as hell for two weeks, and she just didn’t feel great for half a day.
The range of outcomes is scary, and as someone who lives alone with no family/SO, I always have to hedge for the worst.

My brother-in-law tested positive. However, his roommate and his mother (both who were in close proximity to him for extended periods of time) tested negative multiple times.

I'm assuming they were incredibly lucky or he got a false positive.
Or they had it, were asymptomatic and spread it to him. By the time they got tested were already over it. They may want to take antibody test.

My best friends son in law had it. He was young and in good health so his case wasn’t as bad as some.

We took it seriously from the start, and quarantined hard--being that my wife and I got back to the States from international travel on March 12. Been staying to a fairly close social circle and doing limited social distancing since about late May. I literally don't even know someone that actually knew someone that got it.

Couple of people I work with have had it. It was a couple weeks of feeling beyond miserable but they are doing better. One person I kinda knows husband who was in his 60s died, but I didn’t really know him.

A brother of a co-worker "may" have died from it but I spoke with him about it and he thinks it was 20+ years of very poor health and the fact that he was about 200 pounds overweight were huge factors.............................other than that I don't know of anyone or have heard of anyone remotely close to me having COVID19.

just got a phonecall from a now-positive friend with whom we spent time on the 4th.

we shall see.

I know a handful of people that got it. I think about six total. Two through work, two family friends, one in Alexandria, another in Slidell. Also a cousin and his family that are going through it currently. Thankfully all have been manageable so far though my cousin's fever is being stubborn.

The friend in Alexandria's run (no pun intended) was initially misdiagnosed as a stomach bug. She basically had fever combined with intense vomiting and diarrhea. She never got the respiratory symptoms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom