Poll How many people do you know who have tested positive for COVID-19? (1 Viewer)

How many people do you know that have tested positive for COVID-19?

• Zero

Votes: 28 17.5%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 67 41.9%
  • Between 5 and 20

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • Between 20 and 50

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • More than 50

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Three, A co-workers brother age 53 who has fully recovered. His symptoms were mild.

My son in law.- Age 28 and he was allowed to go back to work today. He still has no sense of taste or smell.

A former co-worker- Age 29, died from it. The virus destroyed his heart,kidneys and liver. He was a type 2 diabetic.

Three.

A former student died early on in NO.
My wife’s uncle caught it working in NY and currently has it.
A principal of an unnamed school. Not sure how she got it.

At least a dozen people on my work campus over the last month or so.

My father died from it April 19.
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

7 here including my wife and the DON at the nursing home where I work. My wife had a rough row, the DON is asymptomatic. No others passed, but it ain't no fun.

I'm sure that most of us will, eventually, need to adjust our vote up. I knew fewer than 5 but my workplace is getting out of hand.

I'm sure that most of us will, eventually, need to adjust our vote up. I knew fewer than 5 but my workplace is getting out of hand.

I am pretty sure I'm over 50 at this point. It's zooming around uptown NOLA. Tons of teens and their parents that I know have it or have already been through it.

Not a ton here. I found out a buddy of mine's wife tested positive for anti-bodies. She had mild symptoms several weeks ago (fever, loss of smell). No one else in the household had symptoms. They all got anti-body tests, she tested positive. Everyone else tested negative.

Other than that, a woman in my church died from it. My brother's friend's father died from it. But no one else I know has tested positive for it. I took a test before visiting my parents, and came back negative.

Zero here. But I live in a county in Indiana that is still under 300 total cases, and we've had 1 case in the last 5 days.

Bumping this to see where we all are 3 months later. I am easily over 100+

3, two of which are my next door neighbors. They didn’t have any symptoms. The last one is my older brother. It nearly killed him.

I just found out one of my cousins has it.

One of my key guys at work got it. He and his fiancee took a weekend trip to Chicago and were diagnosed a week after they got back. Another one of our guys is their roommate so we are fully expecting them to be out of work for a while, too.

My daughter had a scare up in Pittsburgh. Someone she works closely with got it. They had my daughter get tested and stay home until the test came back. Took about 4 days and fortunately, it was negative.

Bumping this to see where we all are 3 months later. I am easily over 100+

100+? Wow! Mostly family, friends or co-workers? Are these people in your everyday life or more distant?

I know a lady that it tore through her job her in Katy so she knows about 40 but they are almost entirely from the same workplace. 100+ is crazy!

100+? Wow! Mostly family, friends or co-workers? Are these people in your everyday life or more distant?

I know a lady that it tore through her job her in Katy so she knows about 40 but they are almost entirely from the same workplace. 100+ is crazy!

It's a mix.

The largest chunk is related to it going through my kids' high school in the spring and summer. Probably 50 people (kids and parents) that I know pretty well and another 10-20 that I have at least a passing acquaintance with right there. I have about 10-12 friends from HS/college that have had it (which usually means their whole family too), spread across the country. My cousin and her family in TX all had it. Another 5-10 friends in town (NOLA) that have had it. My company has 30+ total cases spread throughout the country although I would only say I personally know 4 or 5 of them.

I haven't added them up to an exact number but I'm pretty sure its over 100. I had 2 friends whose parents died in nursing homes with it, but otherwise everyone else in the above list has done OK with it, which is somewhat amazing to me.

Not that I “know” a lot of people , but I don’t know anyone who has had it. I know a couple, my oldest son being one of them who thinks maybe he had it a couple months back. He was told to stay home from work, said he felt pretty bad for a couple of days. And got over it quickly. Other than that don’t know anyone has had it

I can tally several more through work (tho no immediate coworkers). Had a customer get a severe case. He lost his mom from it as part of the same cluster and almost lost his dad. We also lost a member of upper management to Covid. There's also another customer who was recently put on a vent and isn't doing well. One of his employees tested positive, is quarantined and is doing okay from what I understand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom