Poll How many people do you know who have tested positive for COVID-19? (2 Viewers)

How many people do you know that have tested positive for COVID-19?

• Zero

Votes: 28 17.5%
  • Less than 5

Votes: 67 41.9%
  • Between 5 and 20

Votes: 55 34.4%
  • Between 20 and 50

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • More than 50

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
I am not trying to prove any particular point or make a policy statement, just curious what our membership looks like in this regard.

For purposes of the poll, let's define 'person you know' as someone in your circle of family, friends, work, church, or have met them face to face more than once. (Your kid's teacher = YES. Your kid's teacher's sister that lives in Brazil = NO.)

Personally, at this point I probably know about 45 people. I know 2-3 that have died, all elderly (nursing homes). All the rest had minor symptoms. The vast majority of those were in Orleans Parish, with one or two scatted along the East Coast.

Less than 5 for me.

1 was client and one was child ( 19 - who attended that New Orleans party ) of friends and one was mother ( nursing home ) of good friend that passed.

At least 2 here, and 5 friends and acquaintances. Several FB friends including one who passed away who I talked about in the covid thread. Most of these in the last 2-3 weeks.

I had a coworker and his wife test positive. His wife had been battling pneumonia and then contracted Covid and had to be hospitalized, he had zero symptoms but tested positive. They both fully recovered. My wife and kids don't know anyone personally.

7, none fatal. In all but 1 case they are having lingering effects (trouble breathing, fatigue). One of them had it in March and is still struggling a bit.

3. The husband/wife/son who all went to the same wedding and reception back in Lake Charles. Not aware of anyone else back home who has it.

Zero up here.

My Step Son tested positive last week. He works at the Nissan plant here in Nashville and it's going around at the plant.

He thought he had strep throat but it was the Rona. I was scared as hell for him but he was sick for three/four days and it was over.

He was actually pretty much over it before he even got his results back.

Forgot to mention that there have been a few cases, maybe 3-5 at the Amazon warehouse where she works.

3, with one hospitalized, and no deaths. Thank God!

I've heard of some folks in town who may have had it at some point. But No One in my family or relatives, or anyone from work or their families have tested positive. Surprising, I guess, knowing that some of them simply don't take it seriously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom