How many prime time games do you think we get next season and against who? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I say 2 Sunday night games- At New England and home against the niners. I believe we will get a Thursday night game at Seattle, and one home game against Dallas. Of course, I may be wrong.

I will change that- drop the Cowboys and insert a home game against the Dirty Birds.

Falcons (every year)
Patriots (don't think they'll pit us against them for Brady to break Drew's record? guess again)
Cowboys (Rob Ryan v.s. old team makes for a good storyline)
Seahawks (or Rams) Hawks pits us against an old playoff opponet from a few years past. Whats makes the matchup worth watching is that the Hawks are actually a reputable team now

Atl - Monday Night Football
Pats - SNF
Cowboys - TNF
Hawks - SNF

Falcons (every year)
Patriots (don't think they'll pit us against them for Brady to break Drew's record? guess again)
Cowboys (Rob Ryan v.s. old team makes for a good storyline)
Seahawks (or Rams) Hawks pits us against an old playoff opponet from a few years past. Whats makes the matchup worth watching is that the Hawks are actually a reputable team now

Atl - Monday Night Football
Pats - SNF
Cowboys - TNF
Hawks - SNF

I would just switch the Hawks with the 9ers game.

I think 4 teams that you guys are playing will get primetime games and they'll just happen to be playing y'all. You guys didn't really garner much reason to get primetime games this season. And I say this knowing full well the Steelers didn't either and don't deserve primetime games.

I'm saying
@ ATL is either MNF or TNF
Niners is a FOX Headliner 1PM game (Mostly showed to the entire nation)
Patriots SNF as well as the Cowboys game
Can't wait for the season to start only like 200 days left!!!!!!!

Falcons on Sunday Night
@Patriots on Monday Night
@Cowboys on Thursday
49ers on Monday

vs. Falcons on MNF
@ New England on SNF
@ Seattle on TNF
vs. Niners/Cowboys on SNF.

Home games against the Falcons are usually on MNF or 12 noon Sunday. The Patriots game can pretty much be penciled in right now for SNF.

Thing that would suck about playing Seattle on Thursday night would that means we play a short week and have to travel to the west coast so that might not be a consideration for TNF. I can see them maybe swapping that with the Cowboys game maybe being on TNF (2009 season again?).

I would just switch the Hawks with the 9ers game.

yeah i originally was going to put them in... but then again, didn't we just have a prime time game with them this season? I'd imagine they wouldnt do that 2 years in a row.

redlandssaintsons said:
I think 4 teams that you guys are playing will get primetime games and they'll just happen to be playing y'all. You guys didn't really garner much reason to get primetime games this season.

So i guess what you're saying is... the Saints cant pull prime time ratings and by the luck of the draw, we're just going to happen to swing 4 games? Where did you come from man? The Saints are a premier team. Period. Fact. They have some great games to look forward to on the schedule. The schedule makers see things like the Saints v.s. Pats and i'm sure they immediately have that one circled for prime time. The Falcons v.s. Saints has been aired on prime time for YEARS in a row. Throw in the fact that the NFL has made it a goal to make every Thursday night football game a division rival, this leaves little to NO chance of being luck here when they get their spot on it. I sure hope you are not an NFL employee in charge of this stuff. I think that kinda mentality is just rubbish

yeah i originally was going to put them in... but then again, didn't we just have a prime time game with them this season? I'd imagine they wouldnt do that 2 years in a row.

So i guess what you're saying is... the Saints cant pull prime time ratings and by the luck of the draw, we're just going to happen to swing 4 games? Where did you come from man? The Saints are a premier team. Period. Fact. They have some great games to look forward to on the schedule. The schedule makers see things like the Saints v.s. Pats and i'm sure they immediately have that one circled for prime time. The Falcons v.s. Saints has been aired on prime time for YEARS in a row. Throw in the fact that the NFL has made it a goal to make every Thursday night football game a division rival, this leaves little to NO chance of being luck here when they get their spot on it. I sure hope you are not an NFL employee in charge of this stuff. I think that kinda mentality is just rubbish

The Raiders were at one point a very popular team, and certainly here in CA they had a strangle hold on the TV market. But in the last 7-10 years they've been a joke and have lost a lot of TV play. There's no such thing as a "premier" team. The NFL schedules games based on how many eyes they think will be on them. Based solely on last years performances, compared to the Falcons, Pats, Niners...who do you really think the NFL is trying to market? The team that missed the playoffs, or those that were good last year? I mean, come on man. I'm not crapping on your team. I'm a fan of the Saints, and love to see them on TV in primetime. But lets be honest, the Niners, Cowboys, Pats, and Falcons are getting you guys on MNF and SNF, not the other way around.

The Raiders were at one point a very popular team, and certainly here in CA they had a strangle hold on the TV market. But in the last 7-10 years they've been a joke and have lost a lot of TV play. There's no such thing as a "premier" team. The NFL schedules games based on how many eyes they think will be on them. Based solely on last years performances, compared to the Falcons, Pats, Niners...who do you really think the NFL is trying to market? The team that missed the playoffs, or those that were good last year? I mean, come on man. I'm not crapping on your team. I'm a fan of the Saints, and love to see them on TV in primetime. But lets be honest, the Niners, Cowboys, Pats, and Falcons are getting you guys on MNF and SNF, not the other way around.

So we were the team with the most wins between 2009-2011, and you are saying one down year (not because the team wasnt good, but because of suspensions) is enough to make it so we are no long a marquee team? And the cowboys are?

The real answer is that we are a big media draw, dominant or not. We have a top 10 fan-base and we regularly have set records on the field and in the ratings. Sean Payton is a headline coach, and Drew Brees is a superstar. We will receive ~4 nationally televised games because of those reasons, and the networks will be happy to get those games.

So we were the team with the most wins between 2009-2011, and you are saying one down year (not because the team wasnt good, but because of suspensions) is enough to make it so we are no long a marquee team? And the cowboys are?

The real answer is that we are a big media draw, dominant or not. We have a top 10 fan-base and we regularly have set records on the field and in the ratings. Sean Payton is a headline coach, and Drew Brees is a superstar. We will receive ~4 nationally televised games because of those reasons, and the networks will be happy to get those games.

You guys are right. It has nothing to do with Brady and Belicheck, Romo, Matty Ice, et al. My bad. My point was, and has been, that the Pats could draw a MNF or SNF against the Bills, and the Saints, only due to last year, couldn't.

Blow your smoke somewhere else that you're a Saints fan! Saints fans don't say your team, WE say OUR TEAM!! More like you're a whiners fan.....:cry:

redlandssaintsson said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadrochill

You guys are right. It has nothing to do with Brady and Belicheck, Romo, Matty Ice, et al. My bad. My point was, and has been, that the Pats could draw a MNF or SNF against the Bills, and the Saints, only due to last year, couldn't.

Same can be said for Brees, the return of our coach and now Rob Ryan. Falcons suck. Just assuming thats your team.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom