How many QBs do you think will go in the top 15? (1 Viewer)

How many QBs do you think will go in the top 15?

Votes: 23 39.7%

Votes: 24 41.4%

Votes: 8 13.8%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think 2 will go in the top 15 but im hoping for 4 to go before our pick like in the 2011 draft where most of the QBs were not 1st round talent but were picked solely on need. Especially Ponder. Gabbert, Newton, Ponder, and Locker all had issues but were taken because of need and I think this is year's draft could be similar. The more teams that reach on QBs the more good prospect we have to chose from when it the Saints turn to pick.

I EXPECT the following guys to go in the top 15:

Geno Smith - 1st overall to the Chiefs to Reid gets his new "Donovan McNabb". Reid is one of the best QB coaches and Geno probably has the highest ceiling out of any QB in the draft.

Ryan Nassib - 8th overall to the Bills to join his Syracuse HC Doug Marrone. Mayock compared him to Andy Dalton so that is decent praise because I know a lot of teams in the league could use an Andy Dalton. Keep in mind the Bills GM already said they will target a franchise QB.

I HOPE the following guys go in the top 15:

Matt Barkley - 3rd overall to the Raiders as it is obvious the Raiders want to move past the uneffective Palmer and question whether Pryor is a QB or not. He had a good 1st start IMO and they said they will let him compete for the starting spot. I expect Barkley to wow scouts and make almost all his throws on his Pro Day.

Landry Jones - 7th overall to the Cardinals. Bruce Arians said he wants a tough QB and Landry is one of the toughest available and also a GREAT leader with alot of experience and a good arm.

Tyler Wilson - 9th overall
to the Jets. The Sanchez experiment seems to be over and Wilson is arguably the 2nd best QB in the draft. Rex Ryan can usually field an above average defense with anyone but he needs an offense and Wilson could impress him by the time the draft process is over.

I DOUBT the following guys go in the top 15 but crazier things have happened:

Mike Glennon is also expected to go in the 1st by many. His leadership has been questioned and he is very inconsistent in accuracy. His "arm talent" is the primary reason people are even considering him in the 1st.

EJ Manuel could go in the top 15 if he blows up the combine, runs a 4.5 and makes every throw on his pro day. He played the best out of all the Senior Bowl QBs but there are still a ton of ? marks about him. The success of the option with the mobile QBs could also help him a bit but he is probably a long shot to go top 15.

I predict the Chiefs trade down. They need a lot more than QB and there are a couple of guys out there they can trade for. I think they load up on pics so they can trade for Alex Smith.

I predict the Chiefs trade down. They need a lot more than QB and there are a couple of guys out there they can trade for. I think they load up on pics so they can trade for Alex Smith.

Alex smith? Why do people love this game manger to much??

The Chiefs problems last year were more about coaching than anything. They have a legit RB, a top 5 pass blocking oline, legit WRs, a questionable TE, and a really good defense that struggled because of the offense last year. Only pick other than Geno is Luke in my opinion to replace Brandon Albert in FA. They need a QB, WR(if Bowe leaves), TE(backup for Moeki), CB and ILB. None of those positions are worth it at 1 and I doubt they don't take Geno because I HIGHLY doubt Reid wants anything to do with Alex. I think he would rather go after Kolb or Vick or Foles before Alex.

somone will be so desperate they will make themselfs fall in love with a QB at the combine

I see the raiders taking Star L at three

I think a couple, but maybe not even one..who knows. And i wouldn't consider it a compliment to be like andy dalton. Unless you want to be a playoff loser for, like, forever, that is.

Honestly, the more the merrier! Think about it, if they over draft all these guys, SOMEONE who shouldnt, will fall to us. So lets hope the trend of reaching for QBs continues.

I think a couple, but maybe not even one..who knows. And i wouldn't consider it a compliment to be like andy dalton. Unless you want to be a playoff loser for, like, forever, that is.

He's been in the league two years?

All im saying is a lot of teams wouldn't mind taking Dalton in the 1st.

OP is in "quotes", my words are in regular font.

"Geno Smith - 1st overall to the Chiefs to Reid gets his new 'Donovan McNabb'. Reid is one of the best QB coaches and Geno probably has the highest ceiling out of any QB in the draft."

I could see this happening. I could also see the Chefs trading down to 5 or so and grabbing him. Probably the closest thing to a lock for the top 15.

"Ryan Nassib - 8th overall to the Bills to join his Syracuse HC Doug Marrone. Mayock compared him to Andy Dalton so that is decent praise because I know a lot of teams in the league could use an Andy Dalton."

No way. Nassib is overrated and will likely go in 2nd to 3rd round.

"Matt Barkley to the..."

I think he falls into the last part of the 1st round; if it weren't for the injury, I think he would be top 15 for sure.

"Landry Jones "

Jones has been very inconsistent in college. He's good but he ain't great. 3rd rounder.

"Tyler Wilson - 9th overall "

I could also see Wilson falling into the latter half of the first round. Still he is mobile and has a strong arm with good mechanics. QBs with his skill set tend to float up up up the draft boards after the combine. I think I am talking myself into this one LOL; especially with the Cardinals, Bills and Jets all in the top 10.

"Mike Glennon is also expected to go in the 1st by many..."

He is a "Joe Flacco" type. He's being talked up like crazy and could sneak into the top 15 but I somewhat doubt it.

"EJ Manuel...."

Hm. Seems like a project but he does have talent. I think GMs will wait until 2nd-3rd for him, unless he runs like a 4.3 40 yard dash at the combine

Overall, this is a very weak QB class, especially compared to last year. I'm not crazy about any of these prospects. There's no Andrew Luck here. Geno Smith is no RG III. And I doubt Tyler Wilson is the next Aaron Rodgers. Still some warm body has to take those snaps right?

OP is in "quotes", my words are in regular font.

"Geno Smith - 1st overall to the Chiefs to Reid gets his new 'Donovan McNabb'. Reid is one of the best QB coaches and Geno probably has the highest ceiling out of any QB in the draft."

I could see this happening. I could also see the Chefs trading down to 5 or so and grabbing him. Probably the closest thing to a lock for the top 15.

"Ryan Nassib - 8th overall to the Bills to join his Syracuse HC Doug Marrone. Mayock compared him to Andy Dalton so that is decent praise because I know a lot of teams in the league could use an Andy Dalton."

No way. Nassib is overrated and will likely go in 2nd to 3rd round.

"Matt Barkley to the..."

I think he falls into the last part of the 1st round; if it weren't for the injury, I think he would be top 15 for sure.

"Landry Jones "

Jones has been very inconsistent in college. He's good but he ain't great. 3rd rounder.

"Tyler Wilson - 9th overall "

I could also see Wilson falling into the latter half of the first round. Still he is mobile and has a strong arm with good mechanics. QBs with his skill set tend to float up up up the draft boards after the combine. I think I am talking myself into this one LOL; especially with the Cardinals, Bills and Jets all in the top 10.

"Mike Glennon is also expected to go in the 1st by many..."

He is a "Joe Flacco" type. He's being talked up like crazy and could sneak into the top 15 but I somewhat doubt it.

"EJ Manuel...."

Hm. Seems like a project but he does have talent. I think GMs will wait until 2nd-3rd for him, unless he runs like a 4.3 40 yard dash at the combine

Overall, this is a very weak QB class, especially compared to last year. I'm not crazy about any of these prospects. There's no Andrew Luck here. Geno Smith is no RG III. And I doubt Tyler Wilson is the next Aaron Rodgers. Still some warm body has to take those snaps right?
All it takes is one team to buy in, IMO 2011 was a weaker class and they still had 4 guys go in the 1st.

Geno IMO is a better pass than Cam was but Cam is the better athlete.
Barkley is a better QB and passer than Gabbert was.
Landry Jones is better, more experienced and a better leader than Ponder was.
Tyler is a better passer but Locker is a better athlete.
Colin was better than EJ Manuel but many questioned Colin's mechanics.
Glennon is just arm talent that IMO lacks the "intangibles".
Dalton and Nassib are similar and I see a lot of teams in the league that would love to have Dalton.

Keep in mind the Bills GM already said they will target a franchise QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom