How many receptions? (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
CGM had 149 receptions last year in what was a weak year for all other receivers. Ginn had 40? And everyone else was just bad.
How many receptions for

Michael Thomas
Emanuel Sanders
Jared Cook
Taysom Hill
Kamara
Others

i’ll say
130 MT 12 TD
65 ES 10 TD
55 JC 11TD
40 TH 7 TD
81 AK 4 TD did you know Kamara has exactly 81 receptions in each of his 3 seasons?
35 Others

I figured this as targets not long ago. Based it on 2019 targets. You can take about 75% off to get receptions. Depends on the player/position really.

Thomas 155 (Taking a sizable load off)
Kamara 90 (A bit less)
Sanders 75 (His lowest total since 2012 by a good margin)
Cook 75 (Started slow last year so a bump up)
Murray 40
JHill 35
TQS 25
T.Hill 25
Harris 15
Other 25
TOTAL 560

Last edited:
All the numbers look good, other than TDs. Don’t see Brees pushin 44+ TDs at age 41. We’ll lean on the run more to keep him healthy

All the numbers look good, other than TDs. Don’t see Brees pushin 44+ TDs at age 41. We’ll lean on the run more to keep him healthy

You might lean on the run but are you forgetting that the Saints have a head coach named Sean Payton??

You might lean on the run but are you forgetting that the Saints have a head coach named Sean Payton??
Course not! But Brees has only posted 40+ TDs 2 times in his career. The last time was 8 years ago. I don’t think he’s gonna do it at 41. I’d be happy to be wrong though

Course not! But Brees has only posted 40+ TDs 2 times in his career. The last time was 8 years ago. I don’t think he’s gonna do it at 41. I’d be happy to be wrong though

My point is that I'd love to see the Saints lean on the run more even if it just balances itself out but with Sean Payton calling the plays I don't see that happening.

I'd be happy to be wrong about that myself!

I see what your saying but I could def see it happening.

He was on pace to do it last year if he wasn't injured. He had 27 TD's in essentially 10 games.

Not to mention, he even has more weapons at his disposal this year, but there are a lot of things that can factor in to change the outcome.

Is it possible: Absolutely
Is it likely: Maybe?

Thomas 155 (Taking a sizable load off)
Kamara 90 (A bit less)
Sanders 75 (His lowest total since 2012 by a good margin)
Cook 75 (Started slow last year so a bump up)
Murray 40
JHill 35
TQS 25
T.Hill 25
Harris 15
Other 25
TOTAL 560

Just wondering how MT set a NFL record with 149 catches last year and you’re putting him with 155 as a “sizable load off”?

Just wondering how MT set a NFL record with 149 catches last year and you’re putting him with 155 as a “sizable load off”?

I used targets not receptions as I said. Didn't feel like redoing it for receptions. Essentially answers the same basic question (load share). The list was a copy paste from an old post.

Last edited:
I have
Mike Thomas -120-130
Alvin Kamara 80-85
Emmanuel Sanders- 70-75
Jared Cook 60-65
Trequan Smith 30-40
Taysom Hill 30-35
Latavius Murray- 20-25
Rookie TE 15-20 Catches
Deonte Harris -10 catches
Everyone else 20 Catches

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom