How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year? (1 Viewer)

How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year?

• Pretty Good Chance to Win SB

Votes: 62 30.7%
  • Best We Can Do is NFCCG

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Will Make Playoffs but won't advance Deep

Votes: 107 53.0%
  • Probably Won't Make the Playoffs

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • Tommy Parson (Same as Tacoes)

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Sticky Post
This has been such a bizarre offseason and regular season.

How many of you think we can win the SB this year, or think we can go deep in the playoffs or even if we will make the playoffs.

I'll try to make sense out of the questions, but if I hose it, the reason is in my Cajun DNA!

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why can't this team win a Super Bowl? Right now their chances are as good as any team in the NFC.

The score in the Packers game should have read Saints 30-Packers 20.....................refs 17. Four bogus penalties that should have NEVER been called lead directly to 17 points in that game!! I'll give them the Raiders game because the Saints were outschemed and outcoached in that one.

This team is sitting at 3-2 with the reality that they should be 4-1....................................but it is what it is.

This team has a good a chance as anyone right now. There's still A LOT of football left to be played and anything can happen. It aint over till it's over.

fahad

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It is way too early to say anything right now, but as of now I can't see us winning the super bowl and defeating Green Bay, Seattle, Baltimore and K.C . I hope I am wrong and wishing for the best.
We need to correct our mistakes and move forward.

Gorf

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I don't see why we can't. I mean it's hard to win a super bowl, but I think if we make the playoffs then we have just as much a shot as anyone else. It all boils down to putting things together in each game. Defense stepping up, no dumb penalties, winning in the trenches especially in terms of protecting Drew, leaning on the run (when it's effective), being healthy.

NeverGiveUP2

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
My screen name was established a looooonnng time ago when the question was can we go 8-8. So he’ll yes we are going to the SB. We have just finished the preseason. It’s on now baby

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
The most likely scenario is the Saints make the playoffs. I give the odds of winning the South right now at about 60/40. After that, it depends on who they play in the first playoff game and how that team is playing at the time. Saints get a good matchup and are playing well, they can win their first game. Then, it depends on how that second game goes.

Seed #1 gets the only BYE:
  • Seed 2 vs. Seed 7
  • Seed 3 vs. Seed 6
  • Seed 4 vs. Seed 5
Seeds 2, 3 and 4 are the other 3 divisional winners. Being a Divisional winner here is HUGE. Much better being a #3 seed and playing at home, than a 5, 6 or 7 seed. As it is now, you figure the #1 will be either Green Bay or Seattle and the #4 will be the putrid winner of the NFC East.

Right now, it would be:
#1 Seattle
#2 Green Bay
#3 Saints
#4 Dallas
#5 and #6 Bears and Rams (I did not try to figure this tie breaker out)
#7 Arizona

(Yes, the Bucs would miss the playoff right now based on only two NFC wins vs three for the Cardinals.)

First week,
Seattle BYE (scenario possible/likely)
Arizona at Green Bay (Green Bay wins)
Bears or Rams at Saints (Saints win)
Bears or Rams at Dallas (Bears or Rams win)

Week two.
Bears or Rams at Seattle (Seattle wins)
Saints at Green Bay (Do the Saints RUN THE BALL and get the win???)

NFC Championship Game:
Saints at Seattle (Do the Saints RUN THE BALL and get the win???)

Dean in L.A.

Subscribing Member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
of course we can win the Super Bowl. If we get to the playoffs, which is likely, we have as good of a chance as anyone else. I'd argue we will have a much better chance. We have a ton of injuries and unfamiliarity going on and yet we are 3-2. Brees will get his mojo back when CGM returns and this time with Sanders has been invaluable. KC and Balt are beatable as is Seattle and GB. I think we have as much of a chance as any top 6 team to win the Super Bowl

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We can but both sides of the ball need to improve and we need to get healthier...It’s possible but right now it doesn’t appear probable....

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
Good chance. Saints have played a fairly tough schedule so far, had to survive in Detroit and somehow win against a QB (who has talented playmakers) in Herbert who is elusive and can launch the ball anywhere.

N.O has plenty room to grow on offense and defense. If they can get better as season progresses then they will be in the mix at the end.

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Tough matchups to start the season and some big name injuries. I'd like to start 5-0 as much as everyone else, but I'd also like to be hitting these road blocks now rather than late in the season. The pieces are there. Injuries will happen.

I think the biggest things this team needs is more focus on coaching, fundamentals and motivation.

Coaching: The defense needs to be in better positions to make plays. The offense needs to find more ways to push the ball downfield. With or without Drew. I still think Drew can huck it, accurately, downfield enough times a game to keep them honest. Either way, we need to challenge the deep ball.

Fundamentals: We all know the bias the officials have, but regardless, we need to tamp down the penalties and mental errors. The little things add up. Missing tackles, poor angles or pursuit, bad leverage, etc. Always be refining the details. When the big things like scheme, and play-calling aren't working, or weather, fatigue etc. set in, its those fundamentals that are going to make the difference. We aren't building. We should be polishing.

Motivation: It's been a weird year. For everyone. And the last couple seasons falling short is heartbreaking. We need that fire. We need that swagger back. That confidence. We need that chip on our shoulder. We know Drew has it. But I'm not seeing it from the rest of the team except Kamara who doesn't need a chip, he'll make friends with you as your ankle breaks.

I say we have just as good a shot as anyone to win the Super Bowl. It's a long season. We just need to playing our best ball come December/January.

Nah 2019

We're crab people now Dee
Reaction score
If we make a run it will be different than any other one - in past years, we either started shaky and then poured it on by game 4 or so or we just started strong and carried it all the way through.

We're at the BYE and feeling like a .500 team so that's not something we usually totally recover from.

Taurus

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If M Jenkins can learn to catch while wearing a Saints uniform, the sky's the limit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom