How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year? (1 Viewer)

How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year?

• Pretty Good Chance to Win SB

Votes: 62 30.7%
  • Best We Can Do is NFCCG

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Will Make Playoffs but won't advance Deep

Votes: 107 53.0%
  • Probably Won't Make the Playoffs

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • Tommy Parson (Same as Tacoes)

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
This has been such a bizarre offseason and regular season.

How many of you think we can win the SB this year, or think we can go deep in the playoffs or even if we will make the playoffs.

I'll try to make sense out of the questions, but if I hose it, the reason is in my Cajun DNA!

The defense is playing so bad, it feels like one of those 7/9 seasons where the offense had to score 34pts a game JUST for a chance to win. Imagine Drew retiring and his last season was a mediocre season w/o even making the playoffs :(
They have to turn things around in a hurry

There's a zone between "Pretty Good Chance to Win SB" and "Best We Can Do is NFCCG." I believe we're somewhere in that zone. It's possible we can win the Super Bowl if we fix the breakdowns and penalties. I wouldn't call it a "pretty good chance" at this point, but I don't think our ceiling is the NFCCG either

Win the super bowl? As of right now I don’t see how we beat the following teams.
Packers, Seahawks, Chiefs, of the Ravens.

Then you’ve got the teams we have a 50/50 chance to beat.
Bucs, Titans, Steelers, Bills, and the Bears.

Wayyy to early to think about the Super Bowl.

Lucky for us, this isn’t the part of the season isn’t where you need to hit your stride. We are not a SB team right now. But I still believe in this roster. We have to stay healthy but that story never changes for any team. Just have to concentrate on the small things. Clean play by the online and pressure from the D could turn us into a contender

I just don’t feel it yet. When we won it before, it just felt like even in situations that looked bleak, you just knew someone was going to step up and make a play over and over again.

Since i assume this 'pole' should be based on what we've actually seen so far rather than how much talent and potential is here, the best I can say for now is that we will likely do about as well as last year. Until we show something different/special on the field, that's all I got.

Last edited:
Swimmer I think you left a scenario off the list. I think we could make it to the super bowl but lose to either the Ravens or the Chiefs. Unless we see a much improved defense coming out of the bye we are toast. If we could somehow limp into the super bowl with the defense playing like they have been we would get embarrassed by those 2 afc teams.

I think the Saints are an 8-8 to 11-5 team. The offense is not dominant enough to carry the defense. I think they will be one and done in the playoffs regardless of who they play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom