How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year? (1 Viewer)

How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year?

• Pretty Good Chance to Win SB

Votes: 62 30.7%
  • Best We Can Do is NFCCG

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Will Make Playoffs but won't advance Deep

Votes: 107 53.0%
  • Probably Won't Make the Playoffs

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • Tommy Parson (Same as Tacoes)

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
At this point you have Green Bay and Seattle playing really good football. Unless we find a defense quickly, and I don't see it, then I think it will be a short postseason - sad as most of us had high hopes of a final ring for Drew with a so called stacked team!

Ironically this will probably be the year we do it

Right. As bad as we look right now on D, if the coverage busts get fixed and Davenport somehow gets and stays healthy (I know), we can be very, very good. With Davenport and Rankins last year, we had the highest or second-highest pressure rate in the league. Combine that with very good man CBs, and that SHOULD be the formula for a dominant defense.

We just haven’t seen it yet. Not even close. Need to get right during the bye.

I'm holding onto the hope that getting MT back will fix everything, better offense will mean less pressure on the defense, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

People always fall for the “hot teams”. But it’s not often that the Hot Teams during the regular season emerge as the SB champs. Last season, the Chiefs were being written off. Hell, if you peak back over the past 10 seasons, the majority of the champs weren’t the regular season darlings.

All that matters is that a team finds its stride in January. We gotta make sure we are on one accord in the end. We absolutely have the talent and the mental resolve to be “that” resilient team.

People always fall for the “hot teams”. But it’s not often that the Hot Teams during the regular season emerge as the SB champs. Last season, the Chiefs were being written off. Hell, if you peak back over the past 10 seasons, the majority of the champs weren’t the regular season darlings.

All that matters is that a team finds its stride in January. We gotta make sure we are on one accord in the end. We absolutely have the talent and the mental resolve to be “that” resilient team.
There is a certain threshold of winning that you witness during the season. The chiefs were not a surprise team, but among the 3-4 teams that were in the mix the whole year.

It happened in the Chicago game with TQS.

Can you imagine if we have the ball in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, down 2, with 8 seconds to go, Saints was able to throw a pass and was able to reach within the 15 yard of the opposite team’s side of the field with no time outs? We were able to catch the ball, advance it and get tackled because the refs didn’t see the Saints player knee down beforehand and there was also a flag in the process of that play. As a result, the refs go back to replay and realizes the Saints player’s knees were down prior to YAC for 5 extra yards...Therefore, a 10 second run off happens and we lose the game due to the refs mistake

Based on talent, All Day. Based on what I've seen playout for the last 5 games... No way.

At this point you have Green Bay and Seattle playing really good football. Unless we find a defense quickly, and I don't see it, then I think it will be a short postseason - sad as most of us had high hopes of a final ring for Drew with a so called stacked team!
Seattle’s defense is actually pretty below average but Russ is basically willing them to victories (sound familiar?).

I'd love to be optimistic, bit we barely best a terrible lions team, a 1-3 chargers team and the buccs on opening day. We got smoked by Packers who I'm sure will be in playoffs. Any think we can beat them, the Seahawks or then the chiefs likely in the Superbowl???

Yeah, there’s just no true formula. 2018 Patriots got hammered by double digits against the Jaguars and Lions (?!?) early, then got beaten by the Dolphins and Steelers late. Still put it all together to win the super bowl.

2017 Eagles lost their starting QB and still found the right formula for them.

I feel like we need to be healthy, unlike the last couple years. And we need to find a way to be more explosive offensively. But we are absolutely among a handful of teams that have the ability to win it all, even if we haven’t shown it yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom