How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year? (1 Viewer)

How Many Think We Can Actually Win the Super Bowl this Year?

• Pretty Good Chance to Win SB

Votes: 62 30.7%
  • Best We Can Do is NFCCG

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • Will Make Playoffs but won't advance Deep

Votes: 107 53.0%
  • Probably Won't Make the Playoffs

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • Tommy Parson (Same as Tacoes)

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters
There's a zone between "Pretty Good Chance to Win SB" and "Best We Can Do is NFCCG." I believe we're somewhere in that zone. It's possible we can win the Super Bowl if we fix the breakdowns and penalties. I wouldn't call it a "pretty good chance" at this point, but I don't think our ceiling is the NFCCG either
same

I went with probably playoffs. Honestly we have looked like a team fighting to or needing help to get in the playoffs. The key is Davenport. If he can continue his climb back and get into the form he was in before he got hurt last season we can do some damage. We need stops. The offense can score points and is starting to round into form

As the team has been playing lately it would be tough, but we have the talent to put it together.

It is pretty rare you are the same team in the first quarter and last quarter of the season. I think there is plenty of room to grow. The arrow will point up as the season goes along.

BTW I voted Superbowl but I wouldn't expect Superbowl. A good shot in the playoffs is what I want, then hope you can go on a run with some solid play and good bounces. I just think it's a possibility that isn't astronomical.

Last edited:
This has been such a bizarre offseason and regular season.

How many of you think we can win the SB this year, or think we can go deep in the playoffs or even if we will make the playoffs.

I'll try to make sense out of the questions, but if I hose it, the reason is in my Cajun DNA!
It is a marathon not a sprint and I think is a question better answered in the last week of Nov or first week of Dec because that’s when season truly starts.

The way we have played so far, heck no. No chance. If the secondary somehow re-appears, the offense continues to get on the same page, we clean up the penalties and mistakes. and the coaches are smarter with play calls and game plans, sure, we absolutely have a chance, just like anyone else. My confidence is much lower than before the season started. But we have turned it around the last few years. Hopefully this will be the case after the bye.

Are corners will kill us. Our offense fails on too many third downs. Not our year again.

This year is crazy man... by the time playoffs roll around, the best teams could get bit with a rash of positive tests, and sink their ships.. injuries also seem to be up this season, and that’s always a contributing factor.
The Saints could win it all, sure... they could also miss the playoffs entirely

There’s so much football yet to be played that anything can happen really. I went with Super Bowl because there’s no telling what will happen between now and week 17. Our pass rush finally looked competent last week and the offense can drop 30 any given Sunday. You just never know. We could end up playing the Browns for a championship for all we know.

There’s so much football yet to be played that anything can happen really. I went with Super Bowl because there’s no telling what will happen between now and week 17. Our pass rush finally looked competent last week and the offense can drop 30 any given Sunday. You just never know. We could end up playing the Browns for a championship for all we know.

Agreed. The O has been stumblin n bumlin, and can still put up 30. But make no mistake, Drew, the O, and the entire team, need a focused, healthy n yeah, angry Michael Thomas back on the field! Drew is usually at his best when he gets into a good groove n rhythm. And it’s MT who usually provides the BEAT!:ylsuper:

( no pun intended 😂)

But seriously, I think not havn MT providin that rhythm is a part of the reason why Drew has been struggling,esp early in games, n why he’s looked uncomfortable in the pocket at times.

Fun Stats: Last year, not only did MT have 149 catches, but 91 of those went for 1st downs!

As bad as the D has played, If he was healthy, at the LEAST, I think we beat GB n we’re 4-1 right now. O well. But lotsa ball to be played, n I think n hope we can win a few more games, then hit our stride the second half of the season!

It is a marathon not a sprint and I think is a question better answered in the last week of Nov or first week of Dec because that’s when season truly starts.

Yes. That's when we will see which teams have the records to make a run AND - most importantly - the health. Any of these undefeated teams could suffer injuries and not be a contender come January.

Win the super bowl? As of right now I don’t see how we beat the following teams.
Packers, Seahawks, Chiefs, of the Ravens.

Then you’ve got the teams we have a 50/50 chance to beat.
Bucs, Titans, Steelers, Bills, and the Bears.

Wayyy to early to think about the Super Bowl.

Yeah, we simply aren't that good at this point. We have the talent, but fail to put it together pretty consistently.

This team looks like it will be a one and done playoff team against a squad with likely less talent but more ferocity and heart. I hate to say that, but that's what Im feeling..

It happened in the Chicago game with TQS.

Can you imagine if we have the ball in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, down 2, with 8 seconds to go, Saints was able to throw a pass and was able to reach within the 15 yard of the opposite team’s side of the field with no time outs? We were able to catch the ball, advance it and get tackled because the refs didn’t see the Saints player knee down beforehand and there was also a flag in the process of that play. As a result, the refs go back to replay and realizes the Saints player’s knees were down prior to YAC for 5 extra yards...Therefore, a 10 second run off happens and we lose the game due to the refs mistake
Ha! The football gods hate us so...maybe.

What happened Monday should be incentive for Sean/Drew to always make sure they have one timeout remaining in the final seconds; unless faced with a situation that we have to use our timeouts to get the ball back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom