How many times have you been to the Superdome? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure what got me thinking about this, but my first memory of the Dome is going to a Ringling Bros circus when i was 3 or 4 yrs old in the late 1970s (I’m ancient).. then we went to a few Saints games w/Archie Manning at QB, as well as Tulane games.. Followed by having season tix in the 80s for a few years, as well as a couple of Sugar Bowls, car shows and something called the ‘Superdome Superfair’.. I also had a job working security at the Dome when i was in college, working concerts (Frank Sinatra. Fresh Prince, Public Enemy) and Saints games.. HOWEVER, there was a 10 yr period (1999-2009) where I didn’t set foot in the Dome, but then acquired season tix in 2010 and since then almost every Saints home game, plus a couple LSU National Title games (won one, lost one).. I say all this, to say that my conservative count is maybe 150 times(?) going to the Dome... What you got?

Last edited:
Haven’t missed a game since 07 so about 104 games. Probably add about 10 more because I did get tickets sporadically.

I couldn't even guess. Saints games, Tulane games, Sugar Bowls, New Orleans Bowls, New Orleans Night games, Winn Dixie Showdown, car shows, boat shows, Globetrotters, a UNO basketball game in the early 90s, a Dodgers-A's exhibition game. Probably more I can't think of...

Probably 50-60
A few Saints games
A few Jazz games
Several Tulane Games
Couple of concerts
One Graduation
One Monster Truck show

10 - 15 times; all Saints games. The first game I ever attended was October 15, 2006 vs Philadelphia.

All but two Saints home games since 2000. I do not count preseason though as I probably only go if it's week 1-3 at home in preseason. I always skip the 4th preseason game at home.

Globetrotters

How could i forget the Globetrotters! I saw them once at the Dome, but i feel like i also saw them once at the UNO Lakefront Arena Back when it was a brand new venue.

Also i forgot to mention that I did go to a few New Orleans Jazz games.. it was shortly before they moved to that hotbed of jazz music... Utah.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
With Saints games, car shows, outdoorsman shows, college games and basketball games- too many to count.

1 time, it was that game against the Broncos 4 years ago where they won on that blocked extra point where the guy clearly stepped out of bounds. I was in the nosebleeds and I could still see he was out.

Just remembered, and this may be just an hallucination- but i think i remember going to a New York Yankees baseball game, of all things, inside the Superdome in the 1970s when they had the pitcher ‘Louisiana Lightnin’ Ron Guidry...it’s possible i only imagined that.. But i think it really happened.

ETA: according to Wikipedia, there was a Twins - Astros game in the Dome in ‘76.. also, i was today years old when i found out that the Oakland A’s almost became the New Orleans A’s:

The first baseball game in the Superdome was an exhibition between the Minnesota Twins and the Houston Astros on April 6, 1976.[34]

Superdome officials pursued negotiations with Oakland Athletics officials during the 1978–79 baseball off-season about moving the Athletics to the Superdome. The Athletics were unable to break their lease at the Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum and remained in Oakland.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom