How much dead money we gonna have next year? (1 Viewer)

ChopperSaint

Official gum of champions
Reaction score
I keep hearing a lot of this dead money we have is going to clear out at the end of the year. Can someone let me in on how much?

9M dead money.. compared to 45M this year.

We have 25M in cap space next year, not counting the 6M we can carry over from this year.

That should be enough to resign Fairly and fix the a number of holes. I'm ready for FA period.
Lol last 2 games were so depressing. Just hope they get what they need in FA so draft can be a real BPA for once.

What difference does it make? We could have 50 million in cap space and we'd still wouldn't sign the right free agents. You need to make so make some major coaching (yes Sean Payton)/management (yeah Mickey that's you) changes to turn this team around and everyone seems to want to look at other areas.

What difference does it make? We could have 50 million in cap space and we'd still wouldn't sign the right free agents. You need to make so make some major coaching (yes Sean Payton)/management (yeah Mickey that's you) changes to turn this team around and everyone seems to want to look at other areas.

Lauranaitis was bad and Fleener questionable, but Fairley, Robertson, Moore, and Webb have met expectations. This year's draft has provided contributors already.

I don't know. Yes, terrible past few years, but I think they're trending up as far as getting better players.

Lauranaitis was bad and Fleener questionable, but Fairley, Robertson, Moore, and Webb have met expectations. This year's draft has provided contributors already.

I don't know. Yes, terrible past few years, but I think they're trending up as far as getting better players.

This is one of our better free agents group. Fairley, Robertson, and Moore have been great.

CsQ_8-BUAAI-fF9.jpg

The team is losing by an average of 6 points. I knew werent going to be good this year so Im not upset. The defense is playing better than it has the last 2 seasons. Thats an improvement in the right direction. A few good FA aquisitions and draft picks and we could have a top 15 defense. We are ranked 24th and 1st in offense though the record would have people think otherwise. We are improving somewhat and next year is the year we should get to the playoffs as a Wild Card at minimum. It sucks we are losing but having an elite QB means we still have a chance to get there next year. Some teams going to the playoffs this year wont repeat their success.

Can we add fleener to next year's dead money?

he'd be cheaper to keep. Guys you sign to big deals are pretty much on the team for 3 years, unless you want to get into financial ruin.. like we have been.

Possibly...

But the concern I have is that we had some contributors from the 2015 draft in that season and this year, we've had very little contribution from that class due to injury or poor play. So I worry that our player development on defense is lacking in a deeply fundamental way.

We can. It'd be dumb, short-sighted, and pointless while actually costing us a bunch money though.

So we'll probably cut him.

I feel like I've said this a hundred times but Fleener's contract is only for 2 years 9 million with little cap hit if we cut him after that. We protected ourselves knowing that there was a chance he was what everyone thought he was. If he lived up to his potential he would be underpaid at 7 million a year if we decided to keep him beyond year 2 and worth a 2 year 9 mil investment if he didn't work out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom