How much do you hate the Patriots? (1 Viewer)

BNG: I am surprised a CHowd that doesn't hate all NY teams.

I admit back in '98 I LOVED Randy Moss, but then unlike him I grew up and realized he thought he was above the law (giving the meter maid on ride on his hood in Mpls. and walking off the field when there was still a ghost of a chance the Vikes could win and his whole I play when I want to play bit, though I found the mooning incident at Lambeau funny)

Well you have to remember that before there was a Pats the Giants were basically the team Boston rooted for, so we give them a pass. Plus I mean they're in the NFC. I'm rather indifferent to the Mets (I barely remember 86) and the Islanders as well. I really only hate the Yankees, Jets, Knicks, and Rangers.

BNG: I didn't know that the Giants were the team Bostonians rooted for, because I am not a whole lot older than you and I have lived in MN my whole life.. What I know about the '86 Mets is that the now Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was one of the last guys cut in spring training.

What I find ironic is that Bill Buckner had a solid career before the incident..

BNG: I didn't know that the Giants were the team Bostonians rooted for, because I am not a whole lot older than you and I have lived in MN my whole life.. What I know about the '86 Mets is that the now Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was one of the last guys cut in spring training.

What I find ironic is that Bill Buckner had a solid career before the incident..

The Red Sox don't come anywhere near the WS without him, it's a shame really. The guy played for 20 years and had over 2700 hits and he's remembered for one thing when he shouldn't have even been in the game. Sadly, people like a single guinnea pig and it's easier to blame Buckner for most (even though the game was tied and Mookie probably beats him to the bag) than it is to call out Clemens for asking out of the game, Schiraldi for allowing three straight hits in the bottom of the 10th, Stanley for throwing the wild pitch, and McNamara for not putting Buckner and his bad back on the bench.

The Red Sox don't come anywhere near the WS without him, it's a shame really. The guy played for 20 years and had over 2700 hits and he's remembered for one thing when he shouldn't have even been in the game. Sadly, people like a single guinnea pig and it's easier to blame Buckner for most (even though the game was tied and Mookie probably beats him to the bag) than it is to call out Clemens for asking out of the game, Schiraldi for allowing three straight hits in the bottom of the 10th, Stanley for throwing the wild pitch, and McNamara for not putting Buckner and his bad back on the bench.

Not to mention there was a WHOLE GAME 7 TO PLAY AFTER THAT DEBACLE. Buckner got way to much heat for that.

Not to mention there was a WHOLE GAME 7 TO PLAY AFTER THAT DEBACLE. Buckner got way to much heat for that.

Well yeah that too :9: I was WAAAYY too young to remember it, I just know from what I've read and what my parents tell me. 86 was the last great year in Boston sports until 2001, and 2004 and 2007 will be wicked hard to top, especially if the Pats finish off the 19-0 and the Celtics make a strong playoff run.

Well yeah that too :9: I was WAAAYY too young to remember it, I just know from what I've read and what my parents tell me. 86 was the last great year in Boston sports until 2001, and 2004 and 2007 will be wicked hard to top, especially if the Pats finish off the 19-0 and the Celtics make a strong playoff run.

Red Sox lose World Series
Celtics win Championship (probably one of the top 10 team in NBA History)
Patriots go 11-5

Red Sox WIN World Series
Patriots go 16-0
Celtics currently have best record in the NBA.

Yea I think it's been a pretty good year for Boston Sports fans. :9:

Red Sox lose World Series
Celtics win Championship (probably one of the top 10 team in NBA History)
Patriots go 11-5

Red Sox WIN World Series
Patriots go 16-0
Celtics currently have best record in the NBA.

Yea I think it's been a pretty good year for Boston Sports fans. :9:

Pats went to the Superbowl in 86, it was the 85 season, but they still played the game in 86 as they did the AFC title game in Miami, blowing out the Dolphins and the Pats NEVER won in Miami, hell they still have problems playing there.

My hatred for the Patriots is second only to my hatred for the Yankees.

As for the original question in this thread. I don't hate the Patriots and I don't particularly like them either. I like and cheer for two Boston teams (I've followed the Celtics since the early 90's and Sox since probably the mid-90's? Why I really have no idea I just always liked those teams maybe it was McHale for the Celtics with his Frankstein look and low post moves that I identified with since it's pretty much my whole game when playing ball, with the Sox I think it was how they where alot like the Saints in their futility Sox/Yanks = Saints/49ers) however I never latched on to the Patriots mainly because I already had my football team to pull for.

However I will say I have made it a point to watch Patriots games this year (when they don't conflict with Saints games) because they are so good and just flat out dominating. It is really amazing to watch them basically do what ever they want on offense.

Also I love how a few years ago everyone hated the Patriots because they where boring and vanilla (alot of comparisons with the Spurs) and now they hate them because they are sooooo evil and run up the score on people. All this proves is when you win people will hate you no matter what you do.

I like the Patriots because they are winners, plain and simple. I'm tired of pulling for losing teams (such as the Saints pre-2006). I also think that Tom Brady is arguably the best QB of all-time. Even Joe Montana, who I used to rate #1, would get beat by the newer, faster players in the NFL.

I live for football and the Patriots play the game the way you are supposed to. I hope they go undefeated, mainly because I can't stand Miami. Only if Green Bay beats them in the Super Bowl will I be ok with the pats losing. Every team could learn from these maniacs.

I live for football and the Patriots play the game the way you are supposed to. I hope they go undefeated, mainly because I can't stand Miami. Only if Green Bay beats them in the Super Bowl will I be ok with the pats losing. Every team could learn from these maniacs.

As annoying as Mercury Morris is, can you imagine having to listen to Rodney Harrison ramble on about how great the Pats were?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom