How much do you pay for cable/satellite a month? (1 Viewer)

Jimbo

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Just trying to find other options here, I currently have Dish Network and the fees are killing me. I currently pay $60 for my basic package(Top250 w/ locals), $20 for HD ultimate and another $15 for HBO. Throw on the DVR fee, equipment maintenance and sales tax its $94 a month. That seems insane for decent monthly TV service but I may be wrong. Lots of good HD content but I really want to dish HBO, I think Showtime is the way to go even for boxing at this point. Any more economical ways out there without sacrificing much?

I pay 135 for telephone, high speed internet 10Mbps, cable--include the HD DVR box---HBO, Cinemax (HD channels also), and a kids package (Noggin, etc...)

thru Charter

My company currently pays for my high speed, but they gave us wireless air cards from VZW, so now they will no longer reimburse us. I started trying to see how much it would cost me to combine services. Currently I pay 56 bucks for basic cable/highspeed int, 57 for DTV, and 33 for AT&T phone for a total of 146. If I combine everything thru cox it would be the same price, but I would lose some of the DTV channels (and not gain any) as well as have to pay all the installation fees. If I went thru AT&T it would be about 10 bucks cheaper a month since we also have the cell thru them, but the high speed would go from currently 7 Meg with cox to 1.5 with At&t, so we'll just stay where we're at.

It gets much tougher to figure out the "best" deal when you bring in the bundling of telco and mobile fees. I pay another $160 a month for land line, 2 mobiles and at&t dsl (6.0 mb).

My company currently pays for my high speed, but they gave us wireless air cards from VZW, so now they will no longer reimburse us. I started trying to see how much it would cost me to combine services. Currently I pay 56 bucks for basic cable/highspeed int, 57 for DTV, and 33 for AT&T phone for a total of 146. If I combine everything thru cox it would be the same price, but I would lose some of the DTV channels (and not gain any) as well as have to pay all the installation fees. If I went thru AT&T it would be about 10 bucks cheaper a month since we also have the cell thru them, but the high speed would go from currently 7 Meg with cox to 1.5 with At&t, so we'll just stay where we're at.

I will be getting free cable internet with my new company, but the TV is $35 for basic cable and I am not sure the phone.

Thru Time Warner I pay:

$145 for 2 DVRs, basic cable, Digital, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & Movie Channel

$45 Internet wireless router

$41 Telephone w/ unlimited long distance calling.

Plus taxes on all that. Total of $250/month.

Is there some reason you can't buy a router? They have modem/wireless router gateway combos that go for about 3 months rent that you're paying them..

I pay about $150 for digital cable with an HD DVR, high speed internet and unlimited phone service..

Thru Time Warner I pay:

$145 for 2 DVRs, basic cable, Digital, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & Movie Channel

$41 Telephone w/ unlimited long distance calling.

Plus taxes on all that. Total of $250/month.

Dang, man. You're getting got.

60 a month for one DVR box and one regular box through Directv, no HD service though, *** 15 per room a month for that.

I get my phone and internet for 60 combined.

Cable One, Biloxi - $85 for DVR, HD package, high speed internet.

Hmmm.. I'm with CableOne as well.. And the only thing I have different is the phone service, which is supposed to only be $29.99.. Yet I'm paying $150+ a month..

Direct Tv, my bill is approx 120.00... we have 1 hd receiver, 1 hd dvr receiver,
all the hd programming, and movie package. (hbo,stars,showtime,tmc,etc...)

Cox HD channels, cablecard, digital channels all except for a few pay channels, and high speed internet. $120 per month. Free standard cable to three other rooms as well.

About to kill HBO since I never watch it. Rent through Apple TV instead. Will lower bill another $12.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom